Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which recent players on your team do you really dislike?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Because he was signed to a big contract then proceeded to be injured all the time, or some other reason?

I'll say Milton Bradley, but that's not really fair because nobody likes Milton Bradley. So I'll go with Mark Kotsay. His eyes freaked me out.

that is part of it, but for me it seemed every time we needed a clutch hit he'd pop out in foul territory 85% of the time. I called him mr pop out

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Mark Bellhorn - He struck out with the best of them (I can't STAND guys who strike out a ton!)
Julian Tavarez - Not only was he one of the worst RP on the Sox in the past 15 years, he also had the ugliest face...I hated even looking at him. Gave me nightmares.
Julio Lugo - Worthless player. Couldn't field to save his life and his hitting wasn't much better. How we won a WS with him at SS I'll never know....
Brad Penny - Awful. Got lit up every start. Of course the one game I went to at Fenway that year (09') I had to watch him derp it up for like 4 innings.
Marco Scutaro - For whatever reason I hated this guy SO much. Couldn't stand him. He wasn't a terrible player either, but he got a lot of credit he didn't deserve because of his high BA. He was THE worst hitter with RISP, so bad. Bases empty? Babe Ruth. Man on first? Roberto Clemente. Men on second and third? Bill Bergen. So frustrating! EDIT: Nearly forgot, in 2011....guess when he was the MVP of the team? Yep. September! You know, the month when the Sox went 7-21 and absolutely sucked? Yeah, Scutaro was their best player that month. He was great when it didn't matter!
Darnell McDonald - :|
Bobby Jenks - Big fat stupid sucky pitcher.
Alfredo Aceves - Headcase. Not the best team player to say the least.

But the worst of the worst...

::::drumroll please::::

ERIC GAGNE! - My blood boils just typing his name. Worst pitcher I have personally seen since watching the Red Sox. EVERY time he went in to pitch he let up at least two hits, usually resulted in multiple runs. He was so bad he had a 100% inherated runner scoring rate...so every time he came in the game with men on, they scored. The ultimate batting practice pitcher. His stupid friggen goggles were icing on the cake....the cake made of a big steamy crap with vomit on top. Party at my house the day he gets hit by a bus, everyones invited!

Last edited:

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Matt Holliday. Also David Freese to an extent.

Surprisingly, I've always liked players who struggled mightily for a while and got run out of town (Mitchell Boggs, Ryan Franklin, Chris Duncan, Adam Kennedy, etc.). Most Cards fans seem to dislike that bunch.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Mark Bellhorn - He struck out with the best of them (I can't STAND guys who strike out a ton!)
Julian Tavarez - Not only was he one of the worst RP on the Sox in the past 15 years, he also had the ugliest face...I hated even looking at him. Gave me nightmares.
Julio Lugo - Worthless player. Couldn't field to save his life and his hitting wasn't much better. How we won a WS with him at SS I'll never know....
Brad Penny - Awful. Got lit up every start. Of course the one game I went to at Fenway that year (09') I had to watch him derp it up for like 4 innings.
Marco Scutaro - For whatever reason I hated this guy SO much. Couldn't stand him. He wasn't a terrible player either, but he got a lot of credit he didn't deserve because of his high BA. He was THE worst hitter with RISP, so bad. Bases empty? Babe Ruth. Man on first? Roberto Clemente. Men on second and third? Bill Bergen. So frustrating! EDIT: Nearly forgot, in 2011....guess when he was the MVP of the team? Yep. September! You know, the month when the Sox went 7-21 and absolutely sucked? Yeah, Scutaro was their best player that month. He was great when it didn't matter!
Darnell McDonald - :|
Bobby Jenks - Big fat stupid sucky pitcher.
Alfredo Aceves - Headcase. Not the best team player to say the least.

But the worst of the worst...

::::drumroll please::::

ERIC GAGNE! - My blood boils just typing his name. Worst pitcher I have personally seen since watching the Red Sox. EVERY time he went in to pitch he let up at least two hits, usually resulted in multiple runs. He was so bad he had a 100% inherated runner scoring rate...so every time he came in the game with men on, they scored. The ultimate batting practice pitcher. His stupid friggen goggles were icing on the cake....the cake made of a big steamy crap with vomit on top. Party at my house the day he gets hit by a bus, everyones invited!

Solid list. I would just add JD Drew. I don't care what his numbers say (or his few clutch hits), I hated watching that guy bat.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Solid list. I would just add JD Drew. I don't care what his numbers say (or his few clutch hits), I hated watching that guy bat.
That list is the top tier of hated players, Drew brothers were on the second tier...players I didn't care for but didn't hate them as much as the ones listed above. I did like both of their swings, though.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Joe Mauer... I get it, you're crazy good at baseball. Why don't you step away for 5 mins and make me a ham Sammy. Then we can be best friends.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts