Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who has the best signature?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
This card made me realize just how much I love Cal's signature. Clean, legible, and consistent compared to Lincecum's squiggle. There's just something about a player who zig zags a pen across and calls it a signature that really annoys me. It just seems so lazy. And before the "they sign thousands of cards and want to get it over with" argument, I'd be willing to argue NO ONE signs more than Cal and his signature is exactly the same every time. Any other players have a nice signature that a collector can appreciate?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Obviously I like Yount's.

But the firth 2 names i thought of were Bannister (which has degraded over time) and 2005 Nate Schierholtz.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
2005 Schierholtz? I never thought about people's signatures going downhill over time. That's an interesting observation.

Observe:

thumbnail.php

d5e38a06-bd81-46ef-b40d-8e5e442ae31a.jpg

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I can't believe only one person has mentioned him so far. Killebrew's is nice, Ripken's is pretty decent.

But c'mon, Griffey Jr.

His signature is exquisite and always signs the same

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I gotta go with some guys already mentioned: Griffey Jr, Rivera. Also like Julio Teheran, Mike Morse, Matt Stafford, Felix Hernandez, Ian Kinsler, and Evan Longoria. As for auto deterioration, few beat Jason Heyward

2007:
HeywardGilmoreRefAU.jpg

2010:
HeywardSterlingAU1of1.jpg

2011:
Heyward11TTTAU.jpg

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
I gotta go with some guys already mentioned: Griffey Jr, Rivera. Also like Julio Teheran, Mike Morse, Matt Stafford, Felix Hernandez, Ian Kinsler, and Evan Longoria. As for auto deterioration, few beat Jason Heyward

2007:
HeywardGilmoreRefAU.jpg

2010:
HeywardSterlingAU1of1.jpg

2011:
Heyward11TTTAU.jpg

Yea, but Heyward has a good one again nowadays though. Or he at least did at ST this year

Braves3.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Great thread! Was about to start this one myself lol...

I'd say Griffey Jr. has the best, period.

Runners up are Rivera and Albert Belle ;) lol

Members online