Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's the Thome collector going ape on Ebay..... Time to List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wish I had my Red Letter 97 Score Stand and Deliver still . Looks like I sold a few months early.

And don't ever compare Thome collectors to Clark collectors , we've been stupid for a long time, these Thome guys are newbies ;)

Ryan

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Think I should list this? 1 of 1 from first baseball sketch card series ever done (2005 Stadium Club, Murray Olderman collection). Could probably turn a real nice profit.

05TOPPSGALLERYMOSKETCHTHOME1.jpg

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
Ugh... I'm debating tossing my Thome 1999 Tek Gold I just bought up there just to see if this guy will bite on it. Only problem is that it took me over 10 years to track one down and I don't want to lose it now.

Dammit... and I was JUST finding it easier to track down Thome cards...

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Ugh... I'm debating tossing my Thome 1999 Tek Gold I just bought up there just to see if this guy will bite on it. Only problem is that it took me over 10 years to track one down and I don't want to lose it now.

Dammit... and I was JUST finding it easier to track down Thome cards...

2 ways to look at it
1) you may never get more money for the card than right now?
2) You may never be able to buy one for cheaper than what you sell it for. That is if you can ever find one again.

Good luck on your decision. But if you love the card and it is for your PC than is it really worth a few hundred?? Only you can answer that :)

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
2 ways to look at it
1) you may never get more money for the card than right now?
2) You may never be able to buy one for cheaper than what you sell it for. That is if you can ever find one again.

Good luck on your decision. But if you love the card and it is for your PC than is it really worth a few hundred?? Only you can answer that :)

That's a really good question for a player collector. I don't think I could get rid of my Thome cards. Yeah, the money would be nice, but I'm really not tempted to do it. I am a huge fan of his and have had a lot of fun collecting his cards. He is such a class act and one day will go into the HOF. I can only think of 2 reasons I would sell his cards. If I came on hard times financially or if it turns out that he used roids (don't think he did). Hopefully, neither one of those happens.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Hmm... this makes more sense to me now. I saw a 2002 Fleer Platinum Cornerstones Fryman/Thome xx/500 sell for like $50 a few weeks back and was flabbergasted by the price. Might be time to list one of my doubles of this particular card then.... the dual bats xx/25. I have 6 of them (though one is a replacement stock simply numbered on the back /25).

02PlatinumCornerstonesBat.jpg

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
I had a 2000 EX2000 Essential Credentials Future Jim Thome # 21/24 on ebay for $125 bin/obo long enough to forget it was for sale and someone bought it in april. No offer, just bought it. The ebay id was Nicholas something. I was surprised. Maybe I should sell another one...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is so much BS going on with all this it's now funny. I mean it's almost like someone is following this thread and just F'ing around on eBay making us give reaction here... I mean $350 sale for a card you could get for $4? Just stupid.

Members online

Latest posts