Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why aren't there relics of the outer part of the bat?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I own none of them. All from eBay.

The Winfield is $40 OBO if you want to go make an offer on it. The Henderson is $50 OBO, I think.

The Musial seller is asking $299 OBO. I'd take it at around $125.
If one was a Belle, for sure I'd offer ;)

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
and I don't think it's too much to ask really... I think it's just a brain fart of Topps because they are wasting a piece of the bat that would be seen as premium IMO. Not to mention with how popular name plates are and knobs, think if there was one of the other markings on the bat and you could make them #/3 or something too. I just think it's so stupid they haven't thought of this yet.

To go along the same lines of name plates/knobs, what about "ball marks." Might be cool to see where a ball actually hit the bat.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
To go along the same lines of name plates/knobs, what about "ball marks." Might be cool to see where a ball actually hit the bat.

For sure! This is the character which would come through with this idea. Just don't get why this is mostly overlooked.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH

$_12.JPG

Of all the players to have a barrel card showing a ball transfer mark, you wouldn't guess it to be an American League pitcher. :D

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Damn......love that card!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And I believe the card stock on those are normal, but the bat pieces actually protrude quite a bit. I now the Musial piece sticks out pretty far.

to address other posts from this thread, don't peel but rather rip the bat lengthwise for the outside pieces of character for the bat relics.

to address your post, don't cut the other pieces as thick as the bat barrel piece. If you only cut it to 1/8" or whatever in width, you liekly won't have enough rounded bat protruding to cause the protruding problems that the barrell piece has. Thinner slices would also mean the bat relic window would likely have to be not as tall and longer from side to side to provide a decent relic on a card since those thin slices wouldn't have the surface area of a thicker bat barrell cut. That could be a good thing, tho, as since it's not jumbo or about 3/4" square, it would be a quicker identifier that it's an outer bat piece and not a barrel, cross-cut or inner bat chip relic.

Latest posts