Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why do BC USA autos get no love?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Curious why you all think that Bowman Chrome USA autos get no love. Example, Francisco Lindor 2010 USA Blues go for around $60-100, but 2011 Blues go for around $150. The 2010 is more short printed at 99 copies vs the 2011 at 150.

Is the non-MLB uni and the sticker that big of deal breaker?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Because folks are ignorant. Let 'em keep going for cheap prices. I'm all about it (not for Lindor, but for several others).

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Because folks are ignorant. Let 'em keep going for cheap prices. I'm all about it (not for Lindor, but for several others).

Ha, it certainly is interesting to analyze who is buying one brand and who is buying the other... and if there's any overlap.

I suspect its investors 'dictating the market' among themselves again LOL. What are the smart collectors doing?

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
A sticker on chrome just reminds you of what could have been.

Yeah, I agree with this, but still wonder why the masses see no value in a players first card or first chrome rc. The game has changed in just a few short years.

Edit, shouldn't say no value, but considerably less value.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
A sticker on chrome just reminds you of what could have been.

I agree. We all take the cheaper route from time to time. With so many choices, in time the best will rise. But I seriously enjoyed opening 2011 TC USA Auto redemption packs and hope someday to do that again.

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
It's more than a little simplistic to dismiss folk as 'ignorant' because USA autos don't command the same prices. I doubt I am the only person who has zero interest in USA cards.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
It's more than a little simplistic to dismiss folk as 'ignorant' because USA autos don't command the same prices. I doubt I am the only person who has zero interest in USA cards.

Not simplistic at all. If collector's don't want a current MILB players USA auto'd card because it's in the USA uni, it's ignorance. Plain and simple.

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
I AM a collector. I DO collect MILB players. I have absolutely NO INTEREST in USA autos. If that makes me ignorant, I pity the informed.

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
Then you are an unmitigated fool.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'd not seen this until just now.

So, you're saying I'm a fool because I do not collect USA autos, despite the fact I do not want to possess cards of players in a USA uniform? Surely it would be more foolish of me to collect cards I don't want.

If others like them, fine. If you can make money off them, even better. However, I don't tell other people what they should like/buy/collect/whatever. Similarly, I take no notice of others telling me what I should collect.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I think it is the stickers more than the uniform, but that is just me.

People collect what they want to collect. The collectors make the market, and the prices reflect that people don't much care for the set.

I don't think this is really all that complicated, and there is no reason for everyone to get so mean.

I really dont care what uniform someone is wearing. For me it is all about player selection and card design. If the card design includes a sticker, then I will let someone else pay.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Not simplistic at all. If collector's don't want a current MILB players USA auto'd card because it's in the USA uni, it's ignorance. Plain and simple.

So people should collect what you tell them to collect? This post is by far more ignorant and arrogant than a collector deciding not to collect USA autos. People can collect whatever they want to collect

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
So people should collect what you tell them to collect? This post is by far more ignorant and arrogant than a collector deciding not to collect USA autos. People can collect whatever they want to collect

Don't believe I ever told anyone what to collect. We need some English lessons up in here. It's stupid to have reasons like "Oh, it's a USA card" or "Oh, it's a non-licensed card" and not buy them. People's reasons suck, IMO. Key words: IMO. You don't like it, get in line.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Don't believe I ever told anyone what to collect. We need some English lessons up in here. It's stupid to have reasons like "Oh, it's a USA card" or "Oh, it's a non-licensed card" and not buy them. People's reasons suck, IMO. Key words: IMO. You don't like it, get in line.

I have a masters degree. I don't need English lessons. You said that doing something different than you is ignorance. That is the same as telling people they should collect USA autos just like non USA autos.

Members online

Latest posts