Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the USA Chrome cards hold there value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dsuj

Sep 1, 2008
ohio
Im not sure if this is a stupid question or not but I have been buying some higher end drew pomeranz 2010 USA BC Paralells lately. The only thing that concerns me is that will these cards hold there value or rise accordingly when other cards of these players are released. Are they the same as a regular Base chrome RC? Any Imput would be great.

Thanks
Dane

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
These cards will tank once they get MLB Uniform chromes or Chrome Autos. They will hold their value until then. Do UD USA Autos hold their value once Bowman Chrome comes out with the same players? No.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
These cards will tank once they get MLB Uniform chromes or Chrome Autos. They will hold their value until then. Do UD USA Autos hold their value once Bowman Chrome comes out with the same players? No.
I think that the Chrome USA cards have much better staying power than standard USA set cards simply because there are in the most sought after rookie product.

And actually, most have dropped since release so at the rate they are selling now, I think it should remain constant. Also with guys like Harper, Taillon and Machado - they probably won't have another Chrome card for at least a year.

Dsuj

Sep 1, 2008
ohio
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
I think that the Chrome USA cards have much better staying power than standard USA set cards simply because there are in the most sought after rookie product.

And actually, most have dropped since release so at the rate they are selling now, I think it should remain constant. Also with guys like Harper, Taillon and Machado - they probably won't have another Chrome card for at least a year.

I was thinking along these lines as well. I have been picking up pomeranz golds for $35-37 dlvd. I cant see them going much lowere than that.

yankeesfan24

i think these cards will definately hold their value, especially with them being their FIRST chrome card. look at jason heyward, even though he had an auto in a later product, his FY chromes were still very wanted. i am doing this with Michael Choice, picking up lots of his USA chrome base. didnt really get to refractors yet. although i am only doing refractors and aflac cards for Karsten Whitson

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This may provide a different POV even though chrome wasn't around back then:
!By54Yn!!2k~$(KGrHqYOKnEEw83qbTm!BMTtCWMHCg~~_35.jpg

As an aside, I wonder if chrome would be important or have the same following among some people even after 25 years.

Joshua.Roundtree said:

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
uniquebaseballcards said:
This may provide a different POV even though chrome wasn't around back then:
!By54Yn!!2k~$(KGrHqYOKnEEw83qbTm!BMTtCWMHCg~~_35.jpg

As an aside, I wonder if chrome would be important or have the same following among some people even after 25 years.

Joshua.Roundtree said:

Remember when that cash was equal to cash a la Strasburg today? It WAS Strasburg Bowman Chrome before Strasburg was born. Although didn't really peak until the summer he broke the record. Point taken.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It's more about the timing of the release of the next card, and if it's autoed or not. Obviously autos sell for more anyway, but I think it hurts base cards more if the very next card issued is an auto.

Members online

Latest posts