Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you rather win a pro-sports championship or an olympic gold medal?

Would you rather win a pro-sports championship or an olympic gold medal?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
To win an Olympic Gold Medal would be the ultimate sports honor to me.

When it comes down to it, there is nothing greater an athlete can do than to represent his country as we take on the world to determine who is the BEST.

Jesse Owens wasn't just an athlete when he won those medals in Berlin when ****** was trying to prove superiority of the ***** race, he was an American hero.

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
If you win a gold medal your the best in the world and everyone knows. A championship is your best in the USA. Winning a gold medal is a step up from a championship so that is why i would rather win a gold.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
I have had my picture taken wearing a 1959 Dodgers World Series and 2006 Yankees world series ring , App. state football championship , no camera but wore 1980 Pittsburgh Super Bowl ring , picture taken with World Champion Water Skiers but i've NEVER seen any Olympic metals or met anybody that was in Olympics .

one of my track coaches in middle school was an olympic gold medalist. pretty neat. 1984 LA. i think the 4 x 100. he would have had a few more if for not the boycott in Moscow 1980. one of the neatest things I've ever seen. next for me would be the Fridge's Super Bowl Jersey that I tried on.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
When a 16 year old female swimmer from China can finish the final 100m of the 400m faster than the male gold winner of the same event from the same year, one has to wonder about the integrity of it all.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I think a lot of people are getting stuck on "what's the event?".

Also, as of this Olympics, baseball isn't an Olympic sport any longer, so for everyone that wants a WS over a Gold medal in Baseball, that isn't an option.

I think people mean "if it was still."

Also, I believe the IBAF is making a strong push to get it back in.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Sports championship.

I'm viewing it this way: For the Olympics, an athlete is training year-round for one event/competition that covers a few weeks (or, only a few days depending on the sport). For a sports championship, you are progressing throughout a season with the team around you. You endure the highs and the lows together, so to celebrate a championship after months of hard work would be amazing.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
When a 16 year old female swimmer from China can finish the final 100m of the 400m faster than the male gold winner of the same event from the same year, one has to wonder about the integrity of it all.

You really can't compare Olympic integrity to pro sports integrity.

Even if your example is fishy, it's likely 10 times as worse in professional sports.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
you guys are all full of XXXX

Pro Sports trump the olympics. thats the way it is.

in 6 months, Michael Phelps will go back to being "Is that Ken Phelps' Son?" again.

Members online

Latest posts