Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you send it back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3arod13

Jun 21, 2023
Virginia
No! The label could have been corrected. If you really wanted the card, you should have kept it. Even ungraded, only 98 made. I'm a big Juan Gonzalez collector. That's a great card!

Attachments

• electrical pics 003.jpg
    electrical pics 003.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
If there were pics of the front and rear when you bought it, no I wouldn't send back. I would have kept it and either held the grading company accountable or cracked it. And I literally have bought cards incorrectly labeled on the flip on ebay and didn't consider that the sellers fault. It was my fault for not knowing the product I wanted to purchase well enough. I actually kept one of them as an example of why these companies are a joke, but that's another rant for another day.....

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I have 2 of the 1998. I did not want the B>S> of contacting the grading company and giving them scans of the card and having them tell me they will get back to me. I never said it was the sellers fault. I just did not want the card marked wrong. it's a different story when you get the card in hand. I do not want unpeeled cards so why would I want to keep a mismarked card do to a grading company error. The more I thought about it the more I did not want that card. Because of this.
I lost this one a week ago.

Last edited:

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I think that’s a fair return, reasonable and understandable. Interesting stance from the seller to block and have others block you as well.

I’ve got a sickness though, I would have kept it and treated it as a variation since it was labeled wrong, I also have peeled vs unpeeled as variations to and have both in my personal collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

abide

Apr 29, 2021
an ebay listing of a graded card with front and back images, in which the card in the image is the card you receive,
should never ever be sent back,
regardless of the grading company, regardless of the grading company making an error

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I think that’s a totally fair stance as well. I rely on the details in the listing, pictures obviously are great. I don’t particularly chase PSA cards, so I wouldn’t have looked closely at the label in the pics and likely would have missed it if I won it and had card in hand.

I would have just seen the PSA case and card. The seller likely missed the date issue as well if it wasn’t called out in the listing details. That’s why I said it was reasonable to return, if I sold the item & didn’t see the mislabel, I would have reasonably understood the ask for a refund and I would have accepted. If I noticed, I would have called out in the details and if it was there, then the situation changes imo.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
What if a seller knew about the mislabel, specifically didn’t call it out in the details and hoped the buyer missed it in the photo? Not saying that happened by any means; just wondering if that changes the stance of a refund?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
What if a seller knew about the mislabel, specifically didn’t call it out in the details and hoped the buyer missed it in the photo? Not saying that happened by any means; just wondering if that changes the stance of a refund?

Not for me. I'm buying the card not the slab.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I had to read further to understand why you sent it back, so in my case, I probably would have kept it if I wanted the card itself. Since the seller apparently described it accurately and provided nice pictures of the card, I'd call that one a "you" issue, so if you returned it after it was shipped, I would not expect the seller to pay for the shipping.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
With the thousands of cards I've bought on eBay over the last 25 years, there have been some instances where I've opened up the bubble mailer and there was something about the card that my brain was not expecting or I was unhappy with. Maybe a little smudge on an autograph, a different parallel than I expected it to be, or it turns out to be a backdoored card that was missing the serial number...stuff like that. In those cases I will go back and look at the completed auction listing and if the seller didn't lie in their title/description and had clear pictures showing the "unexpected thing" that I totally missed before placing my bid, that's MY fault.

If I make a mistake or poor decision in my life, I feel it is my duty to take personal responsibility for it rather than blaming others and turning it into a problem/hassle/dollar loss for them. The seller did nothing wrong, I screwed up and overlooked something in my zeal to bid on a card I wanted. I say "ugh", eat the cost, and move on. Perhaps it's a lesson for me to make better decisions in the future.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
You people are unreal lets just dump on nosterbor. man o man!!!!!!!!!!! I made a mistake? seller should have put this in the listing " the card is a 1998 and the grading has it as a 1999 " he could have takin a billion pictures I dont care. his listing was deceiving on purpose. Even his 2nd listing was READ THE FINE PRINT! I need to own up to my mistake I'm a stupid ass ho dick head did I forget anything because I F-ING hate crap that is not correctly marked. I am tired of being s hit on!

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
You people are unreal lets just dump on nosterbor. man o man!!!!!!!!!!! I made a mistake? seller should have put this in the listing " the card is a 1998 and the grading has it as a 1999 " he could have takin a billion pictures I dont care. his listing was deceiving on purpose. Even his 2nd listing was READ THE FINE PRINT! I need to own up to my mistake I'm a stupid ass ho dick head did I forget anything because I F-ING hate crap that is not correctly marked. I am tired of being s hit on!

You asked for an opinion. In doing so, you run the risk that people might not agree with you. I’m unsure why people having a different opinion than yours is so distressing to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts