Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you send it back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwidow

Nov 26, 2014
" excuse 1 excuse 2 excuse 3 etc etc etc "

No I would personally have not returned it OP for multiple reasons. I'd have read the auction and asked questions before I bid, and also pointed out the listing error if indeed it was one.

8000+ transactions on eBay and this is how you decided to conducted yourself ?? REALLY ??

My husband -- who is on eBay , here, and elsewhere, offered up this nugget==

Having been been on eBay since 1997, he says " eBay ( and life) is full of idiots who make mistakes and do not own up to them. Just tell the most recent idiot you encountered to just follow eBay's rules on cancellations or returns, quietly block Mr Non-Reader and Non-question asker, and do so without telling them or announcing it to the world like its some major issue instead of the minor one it is . Just move on with life as if it never happened and forget about it " is how he'd have handled your ignorance. This is why he does our eBay sales and I don't

SONJ

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
You people are unreal lets just dump on nosterbor. man o man!!!!!!!!!!! I made a mistake? seller should have put this in the listing " the card is a 1998 and the grading has it as a 1999 " he could have takin a billion pictures I dont care. his listing was deceiving on purpose. Even his 2nd listing was READ THE FINE PRINT! I need to own up to my mistake I'm a stupid ass ho dick head did I forget anything because I F-ING hate crap that is not correctly marked. I am tired of being s hit on!
No one is dumping on you man. You asked for opinions and you got them. None of us are sending back a card that is 1) that rare and 2) easily corrected by the grading company.

Jul 22, 2016
Wouldn’t have sent it back. I would have cracked it and left it. It looks better out of the slab. It’s too rare of a card to be too picky for me. That’s just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah in all seriousness, that's a great card, I love that set. I was 19 when the set came out and if I remember correctly Series 1 was a very early release and I got a box for Christmas 1997. I pulled a Platinum Medallion and it was really exciting...not exciting enough for me to remember the player, not anybody good. But it was probably the rarest card I had pulled up to that point.

Like many A's team sets from that era, I have it completed...except for Rickey Henderson. I think I paid around a hundred bucks for the Canseco.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You people are unreal lets just dump on nosterbor. man o man!!!!!!!!!!! I made a mistake? seller should have put this in the listing " the card is a 1998 and the grading has it as a 1999 " he could have takin a billion pictures I dont care. his listing was deceiving on purpose. Even his 2nd listing was READ THE FINE PRINT! I need to own up to my mistake I'm a stupid ass ho dick head did I forget anything because I F-ING hate crap that is not correctly marked. I am tired of being s hit on!
I agree with the consensus that (1) you are overreacting a bit to the fact that most people feel that one was on you and (2) that you still think this was a seller problem and that he/she was out to get you.

I make buying mistakes more than I care to admit. Hell, I just made one this last week that I feel really stupid about (mistaking Enoy Jiminez for Eloy Jimenez) but I accept the fact that most come from my haste in bidding before reading the entire description/viewing the pictures. Sellers run the spectrum from going overboard and keyword spamming with 2 page Wikipedia descriptions to giving you nothing but an image to go by. Most are somewhere in the middle with lazy, minimal effort towards a description.

I will add that I do think the quality of seller is sliding on ebay, as more and more part timers dive into the pool. Means you just need to be that much more careful. I have found myself asking anyone with unrealistic shipping now exactly what i am getting for my money, upfront before I bid. I am not against asking for a partial s/h refund either if I feel the person is padding their costs when i see how a package shows up. I'll hand out negative feedback as well if they don't make the situation right, even if all it accomplishes is to make me feel a little better after someone "steals" from me.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey, now that's not a bad idea. Some of these guys with their exorbitant shipping costs are just out of control, just padding their transactions. I might start asking them a few more questions up front.
I have found myself asking anyone with unrealistic shipping now exactly what i am getting for my money, upfront before I bid. I am not against asking for a partial s/h refund either if I feel the person is padding their costs when i see how a package shows up. I'll hand out negative feedback as well if they don't make the situation right, even if all it accomplishes is to make me feel a little better after someone "steals" from me.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just throwing in my two cents... I'd personally consider the misprint a variation and gladly add it to my collection as is. How many of them would be graded and labelled a 1999? This is probably a 1/1!

Members online

Latest posts