Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wrap-up from today's show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Just got back from the ECN show today. Traffic seemed a little light but speaking to a few dealers it sounded like yesterday was solid, and things were moving.

Submitted some stuff to BGS, and they gave a discount ($11 instead of $14 for 10 day.) Not sure if that was a show special or something else.

Walking around saw a bunch of the same dealers. Interestingly did not see anyone with all that much wax. Was thinking of buying an older box, but did not see anything that piqued my interest.

One thing I saw was that dealers and others were buying. Was able to move some stuff which is always nice. Of course you give a little to move it on the spot, but for the most part I was able to move items for only a bit of a discount below eBay. I will mention there was a guy on the stage who was selling for really good prices. Think it's the first time I ever bought from anyone on the stage. Guy said he was getting out of the hobby.

Was able to pick up a few cards I liked as well. Got some Ceuto Chrome's, which I think are primed to see big increases, and picked up a Federer Ginter Auto, which is a card I've wanted since release, and prices seem to have settled.

Overall a solid show. BGS is always nice, picked up a free SMR guide at the PSA table, and had a nice time.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
sounds like u had fun, buddy

i, on the other hand...terrible. lol

got there yest. to drop off a few cards for rcr. they couldnt finish yest. so they told me to pick up today which i went during my lunch break. i had a tie on...hehe. yes, i like to dress formal for card shows...

highlight was getting my raw 1955 clemente rc, getting bvg 4. sent it for slabbing.

got a justin rose golf leaf prismatic auto 1/1 bgs 9.5 10 auto was the other highlight..(my sleeper for a major win very soon...came in 3rd i think on pga championship last weekend)

ran into jvc jeff yesterday. told me some fun nationals stories..lol

i think i know who you are talking about, the upstairs guy with slabs? i think i heard him selling profar bgs 9.5 autos for 105 a pop if i recall...

eh..im done. hope zach (nikobaseball) has better luck with some rcr and sales!

peace~

dave

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
sounds like u had fun, buddy

i, on the other hand...terrible. lol

peace~

dave

Sorry to hear that man.

BTW, did you go after the Ichiro BC Gold Ref that was on (auction started at $800 BIN $1300.) I noticed it was pulled early. Was planning on messaging you about it and totally forgot...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Scans...

7804494308_83ac2f61a5.jpg

And my nominee for cheapest potential Cy Young winner:

7804494476_71f309b632.jpg
7804494034_5ba5043789.jpg

7804494188_70887f58ac.jpg

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Dave, good job on getting that Rose a 9.5!

I'll be there tomorrow...any bargain bins for me to dive in?

Also, change my mind and instead of doing the group sub this month, I'm doing some RCR's!

Hopefully I get some BGS-lovin'! :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Looking forward to more scans from others that are attending. Congrats on the Federer, I've been hoping it would settle down too.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Yep sweet Roger auto.
Cueto does have a great chance at CY and Reds should do some damage in post season.. Could be easy money if you got them cheap.

dalangs

Jul 27, 2010
Flying up to NYC from lauderderdale for the weekend...is it worth going to this show for a few hours...mainly a prospector...bowman chrome auto's etc...

Any advice appreciated...is there a better store just in manhattan?

Members online

Latest posts