Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hot List Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
Jeremy Lin

National Treasures patch auto went from $30 to $350 in 4 days.

Absolutely insane.

[phil:15ssbv4v]190638020882[/phil:15ssbv4v] - now

[phil:15ssbv4v]230739814150[/phil:15ssbv4v] - previous, wow.

SP Authentic Football is going to sell pretty well too...

[phil:15ssbv4v]320845250138[/phil:15ssbv4v] - Cam Newton
[phil:15ssbv4v]390389208460[/phil:15ssbv4v] - Andy Dalton
[phil:15ssbv4v]400275454896[/phil:15ssbv4v] - A.J. Green

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
While the brand name of SPA will drive sales, I think the last few years have been terrible. Atleast this year the patch window is about double the size from last year. This years release is ugly imo. Plus it appears guys have patch autos and SP base autos. Makes for any interesting set.

~AJ

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Jeremy Lin. nothing else is near him.

Paul George has had a nice little bump recently tho, if you need something un-Lin

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What's funny and killing me is I was watching the game the Knicks played against the Celtics and Lin played for like 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes, I SWEAR, I thought to myself "wow this guy is really fast and he reminds me of a young Steve Nash. They should just use him as PG!" Then I went on ebay to see if he had any cards and what they were going for. I saw what his NT autos were going for and thought they were too expensive for a guy that plays 5 minutes a night ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

3 games later and I'm kicking myself.

I'm already a huge Jeremy Lin fan. I just wished he played for somebody else.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
markakis8 said:
What's funny and killing me is I was watching the game the Knicks played against the Celtics and Lin played for like 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes, I SWEAR, I thought to myself "wow this guy is really fast and he reminds me of a young Steve Nash. They should just use him as PG!" Then I went on ebay to see if he had any cards and what they were going for. I saw what his NT autos were going for and thought they were too expensive for a guy that plays 5 minutes a night ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

3 games later and I'm kicking myself.

I'm already a huge Jeremy Lin fan. I just wished he played for somebody else.

Yeah I feel you there. I am a fan of the guy's before all this but didn't really want to buy anything right now because I figured it would only go lower as he sits on the bench and eventually moves on. Should have bought in...it was already so low.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
mason williams again. His blues are really high right now

Eli Manning rookie autos.

Yelich has been moving at increased rates.

Miggy Sano Ref chrome autos are hitting nice numbers.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
While the brand name of SPA will drive sales, I think the last few years have been terrible. Atleast this year the patch window is about double the size from last year. This years release is ugly imo. Plus it appears guys have patch autos and SP base autos. Makes for any interesting set.

~AJ

Interesting - i saw the cards and thought they were gorgeous...what does everyone else think?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Phil for Sp auhentic they look like crapsicles. These dont look as nice as any of the past patch autos from sp authentic.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
jcmint said:
Phil for Sp auhentic they look like crapsicles. These dont look as nice as any of the past patch autos from sp authentic.

The classic WHITE SP Authentic look is a must. These don't even look like SP Authentic. I liked last years' despite small patch windows but this year doesn't look as good. Still better than any Panini card so far.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
What's the deal with this Lin guy? I stopped following the NBA a year or 2 ago-but what his cards have done in less than a week is absolutely insane.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
mason williams again. His blues are really high right now

Eli Manning rookie autos.

Yelich has been moving at increased rates.

Miggy Sano Ref chrome autos are hitting nice numbers.

Mason Williams - [phil:2ktekv5z]260949813273[/phil:2ktekv5z] - this is an all time high

Eli Manning - [phil:2ktekv5z]280818844936[/phil:2ktekv5z] - these were selling in the $75ish range last week - moved more than the autos I think.

Yelich - [phil:2ktekv5z]120854028615[/phil:2ktekv5z] - that's as high as I've ever seen a base auto go

Miggy - [phil:2ktekv5z]110820940090[/phil:2ktekv5z] - how about that for a Sano 7 card lot...

jcmint said:

Joe - Gilmore said he was blinded by their beauty.

sfnorton said:
The 2012 Topps Series 1 Gold Standard auto/patches numbered to /10 were nuts.

They really are and with a vintage patch like this [phil:2ktekv5z]170780093891[/phil:2ktekv5z] - its easy to see why but the sticker, ugh.

Huffamaniac said:
Saw a little bump with Curtis Martin autos

Yeah check out a rookie auto [phil:2ktekv5z]200704075706[/phil:2ktekv5z] to [phil:2ktekv5z]200709801334[/phil:2ktekv5z]

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Jeremy Lin should be #1 hands down. I don't think anything this week can compare to the % gain he's had in EVERY card of his across the board!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's not predictable but 2010 Exquisite baseball base cards that haven't been listed before or at least not in a very long time continue to sell for crazy dollars. This was the first Griffey base card I've seen on ebay since I started following the set in March, 2010, here, sold for $200. A Ripken base card sold for a little over $300 a couple weeks ago. There seems to be 3 or 4 people who are working on the set, and I think two of them will pay just about any price for cards they need. But once they have theirs, prices drop way off. Then player collectors enter the fray sometimes, too. So if you aren't particularly attached to any Exquisites you have, you might try putting them up for auction. You could be shocked. Or just send them to me.

Members online

Latest posts