Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Kid (Gary Carter RIP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Re: RIP Kid

That sucks.
Seemed like he went pretty fast, at least he won't have to suffer anymore.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Sad he went to young. great player lotta fire. Disliked him because he was a Met but he was great and should be missed.

A_Pharis

Carter_Reco.jpg

#1/1

R.I.P. Mr. Carter. :(

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

So sad to lose a great person so young.
He did tremendous work through his charity: http://www.garycarter.org/about1.html

From ESPN:

"I am deeply saddened to tell you all that my precious dad went to be with Jesus today at 4:10 pm.," his daughter Kimmy Bloemers wrote on the family's website. "This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know. He is in heaven and has reunited with his mom and dad. I believe with all my heart that dad had a STANDING OVATION as he walked through the gates of heaven to be with Jesus."

"Gary's enthusiasm, giving spirit and infectious smile will always be remembered in Cooperstown," said Jane Forbes Clark, chairman of the board of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. "Our thoughts are with Sandy, Christy, Kimmie, DJ and the entire Carter family on this very sad day."

The effervescent Carter, nicknamed "Kid," is perhaps best known for helping the New York Mets win the 1986 World Series. He had 24 homers and 105 RBIs that season, then drove in 11 runs in the playoffs.

"When you think of the great baseball field generals, you think Gary Carter," Hall of Fame president Jeff Idelson said in a statement. "He ran the game from behind the plate with strong leadership and passion. The Kid's contribution to our national pastime is big, but his heart was even bigger. We'll always remember his caring way, ever-present smile and strong devotion to family, community and the Baseball Hall of Fame."

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

God speed, Le Kid. One of the great catchers of his era who played the game the right way and was by most all accounts a very good man. Rest in peace.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

So glad he made the HOF before this happened...

He was the best Catcher of his time IMO. I know his opponents' didn't like his style, but they would love to have him on their side given the Chance.

RIP Gary Carter.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

Very sad day indeed. 57 is much too young......

As a Sox fan I hated that the Sox lost to the Mets in '86 in part due to Carter starting the 2 out rally in game 6. As a baseball fan I totally respected his abilities and his desire to catch every day.

RIP Kid.....

ktho540

Feb 9, 2012
This really sucks,I remember seeing him quite a few times at 3 Rivers Stadium,back when the pirates and mets Hated each other...These were some really fantastic games!!...RIP Mr Carter

ChicagoCubsWS

May 17, 2009
RIP Mr Carter. I met him 2 years ago at an event and had him sign a ball. One of the nicest players I have met before.