Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ugghh, vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I will never get how people put common cards that are easy to
research at ridiculous BIN's, but when a card that sells for 30 bucks
every time it is listed that i offer 35 on gets countered with 55 i just
wanna punch stuff. In this day and age is there really any chance
that a guy with 20,000 feedbacks is going to now know exactly
what to offer, specially on a freaking billy butler card i want !!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
There was a card I wanted that normally sells for $25. His BIN was $80. I offered $35. He replies with "I have two offers of $65 now and cant take less." The time runs out, he relists for $65... Hmm wonder where his two offers of $65 went?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I don't understand how there are sooo many auctions for Canseco 86 Topps traded and 87 topps.. don't people see that there are endless amounts of these already posted without anyone buying so get the point and don't bother???

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
@ boomo

It's too bad this is no longer just a hobby for you to enjoy. Not to be judgmental, but going off of your recent posting habbit(s), I'd say you are near or past the point of frustration with many things card collecting brings. This is unfortunate. Hopefully you can find a way to overlook what you can not control without evoking anger and be at peace with the hobby(or your involvment within it) once more.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
matfanofold said:
@ boomo

It's too bad this is no longer just a hobby for you to enjoy. Not to be judgmental, but going off of your recent posting habbit(s), I'd say you are near or past the point of frustration with many things card collecting brings. This is unfortunate. Hopefully you can find a way to overlook what you can not control without evoking anger and be at peace with the hobby(or your involvment within it) once more.

i appreciate your thoughts, and you are right between being sick and
some of the dumbness i encounter i do get pissy at times, but i still
try and be positive also. And i do love doing this work.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I love this hobby too, but what Matt posted pisses me off just as much.

It seems that almost every nicer Dawson card listed lately is a ridiculously high BIN/BO.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
ChasHawk said:
I love this hobby too, but what Matt posted pisses me off just as much.

It seems that almost every nicer Dawson card listed lately is a ridiculously high BIN/BO.

Ebay and it's turn to BIN over the auction format has ushered in a new dawn for Card Shows and Card Shops.

I have much more fun at local and national card shows now than I ever did 5 years ago. You can actually find DEALS and see the cards in person and make trades, all without wondering if you will have to file a chargeback on your credit card and wait 40 days.

I actually look for card shops when going through cities again as you never know what you could find.

The main reason is that pricing on Ebay is getting crazy. Between the shill bidding on auctions to the stupid BIN prices I would rather wait for a show to pick up the same material.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ronnyo is horrible.

Buys cards and prices them at 5+ times what he paid. I don't know how he handles offers, because I have never even tried, why bother.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
vwnut13 said:
ronnyo is horrible.

Buys cards and prices them at 5+ times what he paid. I don't know how he handles offers, because I have never even tried, why bother.

He's not the only one..

there are sellers that buy things cheap and then put them in their store for 5 or 10 times what it would sell for.. Then they put a 50% off sale on it thinking someone will see it and think they need it now at the 50% off..

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
vwnut13 said:
ronnyo is horrible.

these people seem to live and die by pt barnum, and as true as it is,
there arent a whole lot of suckers in this game unless a jeremy lin comes along.
there sure as hell isnt anyone on earth who will pay 800 for a butler gold ref now.
that sucker just isnt there, so why not just end the item if you dont want to sell it.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
boomo said:
vwnut13 said:
ronnyo is horrible.

there arent a whole lot of suckers in this game unless a jeremy lin comes along.
there sure as hell isnt anyone on earth who will pay 800 for a butler gold ref now.
that sucker just isnt there, so why not just end the item if you dont want to sell it.

Stubborness

Card collectors IMO are some of the most stubborn people out there when it comes to taking a loss. It seems people would rather keep a card than lose money on it now and hope the player can do better.

707 in vintage is like that, even though SMR and VCP has gone down on some sets by as much as 45% (T202 for one) they will not budge on their pricing.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I had a card recently that I wanted. A seller had it up for $250 BIN/BO. I sent in an offer of $215 and he countered with $222. I immediately declined. Very next day he sends an email. Ill sell for $215. :lol:

ktho540

Feb 9, 2012
A lot of sellers on Ebay,including myself at times,like to go fishing for suckers!!!!Sometimes you get a bite....

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
morgoth said:
boomo said:
vwnut13 said:
ronnyo is horrible.

Stubborness

Card collectors IMO are some of the most stubborn people out there when it comes to taking a loss. It seems people would rather keep a card than lose money on it now and hope the player can do better.

707 in vintage is like that, even though SMR and VCP has gone down on some sets by as much as 45% (T202 for one) they will not budge on their pricing.

and this is like admitting you have zero faith in yourself.
if i have 500 into a card and i know sure as sht im not getting that back,
but i can get 350 back? well my feeling is i have faith in my ability
to work deals and flip cards that ill spend that 350 right and turn it into
600. The 1st scenario is done and gone and im still plus 100. Ill never understand
huge inventories that arent doing any work for you. Only cash in your pocket
can work for you, not delmon young staring back at you in his 10th season
begging you to still have faith.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
ktho540 said:
A lot of sellers on Ebay,including myself at times,like to go fishing for suckers!!!!Sometimes you get a bite....

sure if you put your 99 cent blue ref in your store and get 8 bucks for it.
but you wont get 150 for a 35.00 griffey auto anymore, just will not happen
....... ever.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
vwnut13 said:
ronnyo is horrible.

I throw offers at him quite often, and he's typically completely unreasonable. Keep hoping he'll change.

However, in one situation, he had two serially #ed cards in two separate BINs. Same card, different #s. Listed for $12. He accepted one offer of $5. Rejected the other. :?

Of course, now I have to pay full shipping for 1 card when I was hoping to do it for two...

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Its funny I just offered $10 bucks on a card listed at $12 and was auto rejected but he took my offer of $11. Lot of work to make a buck nowadays.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
It's just not eBay but also other sites like Beckett Marketplace and COMC. I'm sure many of you know Card Gallery from Beckett Marketplace...wow, crazy prices. I've bounced e-mail with him several times...he would not budge...not even for offers that are still way over market. He keeps coming up with the same nonsense... He would say something like "I spent $200 on this box so I have to break even..." and lists several inserts from that very box at $100-250 each... Yeah, good attempt at breaking even...

I think the usual problem with such dealers is that they did sell some outrageously-priced cards to the rich/impatient/uneducated collectors so they feel they can duplicate such success for other cards....biding their time for the next buyer of that type. If they're that stubborn, then there's nothing we can do about it...and just wait for other examples to turn up.

Members online

Latest posts