Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

gotta love it..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2012
...when people attempt to take adavantage of you!

Now who would want to screw over Jesus!?? A bad bad man

So I decided to break a few boxes of 2011 Bowman Draft, been years since I broke wax and always collected Bowman set.

Great break! Pulled a couple Larry Greene Autos for the PC as well as 2 Blue Refractor Autos.

Well quickly after I finished the break and posted my hits I was being hit up by multiple members on here inquiring about the Dylan Bundy Blue Ref Auto I had just pulled. Not knowing anything about the kid, also being an O he had to stink :lol:
so was thinking the card couldn't be worth more the $50.

I guess theres some members on here who like to take advantage of those who aren't to "in" on the whole prospecting thing. Asking for their help with the value of the Bundy and most agreed to the $50 mark that I was thinking. Thank god for the real members on here who told me the ACTUAL value of the card instead of trying to rip me off. Can't thank you guys enough or I'd deffintely end up trading it for a Matt Moore base BC Auto or a $55 cash offer ::facepalm::

Sucha shame, guess I know who to add to my foe list now.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I couldn't think of a way to broach the topic with you in that thread; I honestly thought you were having a laugh. I figured that anyone who went to the trouble of opening 7 boxes of draft would check out the eBay value of one of the 4 lowest numbered cards he pulled. I didn't want to point it out and fall for your joke.

It sucks that people would try and low-ball you so terribley.

I actually had the though: "Wow, if this guy were serious, someone might actually take advantage of him."

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'd be curious to know who told you that it was a $50 card while actively trying to get it from you.

Mar 6, 2012
sportscardtheory said:
That's pretty crumby. At least you know now to always do your due diligence on values before trading/selling. Lesson learned. :)

ha lesson learned that's for sure!

hive17 said:
I couldn't think of a way to broach the topic with you in that thread; I honestly thought you were having a laugh. I figured that anyone who went to the trouble of opening 7 boxes of draft would check out the eBay value of one of the 4 lowest numbered cards he pulled. I didn't want to point it out and fall for your joke.

It sucks that people would try and low-ball you so terribley.

I actually had the though: "Wow, if this guy were serious, someone might actually take advantage of him."

I used to collect bowman products in the late 90's Early 00s. Got back into the hobby after a close friend of mine passed away and we both used to collect and had great times together going so the local shop, shows, and games. I usually google the players after I pulled something or see if any cards were up on ebay but I've got a lot of work to do tonight so been busy with that and going back and forth with PMs. Probably shouldnt have told them I didnt know what it was worth..thought at least theyd help me out and be honest. Guess not. Well some were honest thankfully they got a hold of me before a deal was done!

matfanofold said:
I'd be curious to know who told you that it was a $50 card while actively trying to get it from you.
there were a few members actually that agreed to the $50-60 range that I thought it was worth. I can PM you the names. Thought that was the value for sure since so many people told me I was right ::facepalm::

Mar 6, 2012
jbhofmann said:
Full disclosure: I offered $120 Paypal which I thought was pretty fair without a scan.

lol. not talking about you bud. that was a fair offer, whole lot better the the Matt Moore base chrome auto straight up :lol:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Jesus loves baseball said:
jbhofmann said:
Full disclosure: I offered $120 Paypal which I thought was pretty fair without a scan.

lol. not talking about you bud. that was a fair offer, whole lot better the the Matt Moore base chrome auto straight up :lol:

I understand, just wanted to let others know that real offers were thrown out there. Nice pull! Get a scan of that baby and that will ease a lot of buyers minds.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
I would offer 2 Matt Moore chrome AUs plus something else in the smaller range... !

But dude, just sign up for an eBay account and check completed sales... everything is there.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Name some names, I am not sure the point of this topic if you dont say names.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry. It was me.

I lost $200 tonight playing poker and thought I could make a little back on this card. I didn't think he would start this thread.

:oops:

Mar 6, 2012
Eamon said:
I would offer 2 Matt Moore chrome AUs plus something else in the smaller range... !

But dude, just sign up for an eBay account and check completed sales... everything is there.

I usually check them soon after pulled but crazy busy with work so didnt have time and was told that the card was worth $50-60 by 3 members so thought I could trust them. Lesson learned thats for sure.
P_Manning 18 said:
Sorry. It was me.

I lost $200 tonight playing poker and thought I could make a little back on this card. I didn't think he would start this thread.

:oops:

nyc3 said:
Name some names, I am not sure the point of this topic if you dont say names.

It wasn't him ^ thats for sure. zbdub808 was the main culprit :/

Mar 6, 2012
MOFNY said:
Ah man this thread reeks of multiple pages. I agree with everyone else: search Ebay completed auctions and take out all the guess work.

I get that, going to do that for now on. Just thought the other members "word" was good enough to me since they all said around the same value. Guess they all really hate Jesus.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm not a prospector but will occasionally bust some Bowman when I get supplies to use as trade bait. I have had similar expireiences posting breaks in the past, lol. But I checked completed listings and then just ignored those clowns. If you don't wanna check completed sales, just ask for help with value when posting and there's nice enough FCBers around to lend a hand that will post values publicly :)

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I get that, going to do that for now on. Just thought the other members "word" was good enough to me since they all said around the same value. Guess they all really hate Jesus.

I'm sorry this happened to you, over time here you will learn who to trust. Sadly this is what this hobby has become.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I would have gladly paid $50 for that card.

It's not like there are tools available to buyers that put them at an advantage over sellers. If you don't do your homework, you open the door up to being taken advantage of. It has nothing to do with the hobby.

If you were looking for a place to live, and someone offered you a place for 1/3 the market value, would you buy it, or tell the seller that it's not a fair price?

Mar 6, 2012
mudflap02 said:
I would have gladly paid $50 for that card.

It's not like there are tools available to buyers that put them at an advantage over sellers. If you don't do your homework, you open the door up to being taken advantage of. It has nothing to do with the hobby.

If you were looking for a place to live, and someone offered you a place for 1/3 the market value, would you buy it, or tell the seller that it's not a fair price?

A member on here offered me $120 for it. Asked him if he had made a mistake and that that was too much and didnt want to sell him a card for more then what it was worth. :lol:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
MOFNY said:
Ah man this thread reeks of multiple pages. I agree with everyone else: search Ebay completed auctions and take out all the guess work.

Lets face it, we all want the lowest price. And we all want to make some money. I recently bought a card on Ebay for my PC for $25 that I thought might go for double that amount. The seller accepted my offer. Maybe it would have gone for $24 at auction. Maybe your situation is inherently different, but I don't blame people for attempting to get a card on the cheap. You have the power to say no and do your part to get the best price. The good thing is that we have a great community, and for some instances we can help each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts