Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it possible that Wieters' Elites are UNDERPRICED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Now let me start off by saying I have never owned, and never plan to own, a single Wieters card. I completely missed the boat, and instead of buying at around $80, I just decided **** it and let it go.

Here is my logic. Every year, the top few prospects see major jumps, even more so if they actually perform well (obviously). Some recent history:

Delmong Young (TONS of RC Autos)- BCDPs hit $200 easy, even higher at times.
Alex Gordon (a few RC Autos)- BCs hit $250+
Ryan Braun (a few RC Autos, but this is based on performance, NOT hype)- BCDPs hit $250 easy.
Evan Longoria (a few RC Autos)- BCDPs were around $130 pre-call up, hit as high as $220.
Jay Bruce (a few RC Autos, NO BC Auto)- TCs hit $120 pre-call up, I think $200 after? I may be off on that one.

Now total Wieters Elite Autos=799+100+100+50+25+5+1. That is 1080 TOTAL Autographs, if I didn't miss any. That's HALF the number of a BASE Chrome Auto. Half.

Wieters Elites are getting around $140. With such hype, and such a limited total print run, I can see these hitting $300.

Am I buying? Absolutely not. But I think it's something to think about. Thoughts?

808chrome

Sep 20, 2008
In my opinion, if Weiters had a chrome auto, that card could be a 250.00 card. Because chrome is king.
EEE is a very nice product, but it is not Chrome. All those other cards had a chrome.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Topps missed the boat with Wieters, Donruss owns this game. Look for EEE to take off this year.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
808chrome said:
In my opinion, if Weiters had a chrome auto, that card could be a 250.00 card. Because chrome is king.
EEE is a very nice product, but it is not Chrome. All those other cards had a chrome.

In a way though, I feel that that is what could make these so huge.

I did the number split before, and a rough estimate of the total BCDP Autos a player typically has is around 3500. This is less than a 3rd of that.

If Nick Adenhart Elites can be $100 cards, this one can be a $300 card.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Those who won't be able to afford his EEE autos once they take off will look to his Razor Autos eventually.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Jaypers said:
Those who won't be able to afford his EEE autos once they take off will look to his Razor Autos eventually.

You're probably right. Like I said in my first post, I don't plan to buy Wieters ever. When I miss the boat on a prospect, I completely let it go.

But some collectors probably will be looking into his RAZOR stuff if his Elites stay very high.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
One sold yesterday for $180 dlvd. I think that is a sign of things to come. His stuff is going to be hot coming into Spring training and on into opening day.

I dont see his stuff cooling off any time soon, I think prices will keep getting higher and higher as we get closer to opening day.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
Hard for me call it currently underpriced. Considering the overall shrinking of the market for not only prospects but modern cards in general makes it hard to compare to stuff from even a year or 2 ago.
It's a pretty good price for a non- mlb licenced sticker base auto.
I think they were around 40 shortly after release, I contributed one to andrew's stash for $20 because I thought it was a sweet project :oops: , as you can tell I is real smart.

thebigoriole81

Dec 7, 2008
Incline Investments said:
Now let me start off by saying I have never owned, and never plan to own, a single Wieters card. I completely missed the boat, and instead of buying at around $80, I just decided frack it and let it go.

Here is my logic. Every year, the top few prospects see major jumps, even more so if they actually perform well (obviously). Some recent history:

Ryan Braun (a few RC Autos, but this is based on performance, NOT hype)- BCDPs hit $250 easy.
Evan Longoria (a few RC Autos)- BCDPs were around $130 pre-call up, hit as high as $220.
Jay Bruce (a few RC Autos, NO BC Auto)- TCs hit $120 pre-call up, I think $200 after? I may be off on that one.

Now total Wieters Elite Autos=799+100+100+50+25+5+1. That is 1080 TOTAL Autographs, if I didn't miss any. That's HALF the number of a BASE Chrome Auto. Half.

Wieters Elites are getting around $140. With such hype, and such a limited total print run, I can see these hitting $300.

Am I buying? Absolutely not. But I think it's something to think about. Thoughts?

I don't think you included his College Ties/School Colors autos in there:

The Dual College Ties he's got with Payne is /100, the redemption College Patch is /250 and the School Colors is /50.

So that brings his Elite auto total to 1480. Still a limited run though.

It will be interesting to see where his USA Baseball autos go as those were before EEE, ditto for his Just Minors and TriStar.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Bigoriole, you are absolutely right I just left those out by mistake.

Dan, don't get me wrong, I don't really think they're underpriced, and I definitely don't have the balls to be buying them now. I just thought it would be a cool discussion, but I see where you're coming from with what you're saying. And hey, at least that bought you a few more McGeary Elites right? ;)

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008

Dan, don't get me wrong, I don't really think they're underpriced, and I definitely don't have the balls to be buying them now. I just thought it would be a cool discussion, but I see where you're coming from with what you're saying. And hey, at least that bought you a few more McGeary Elites right? ;)
touche :lol: :lol:

here's a chunk of "my" wieters just for you seth:
img178.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I agree.

I doubt they'll be able to sustain $300 for any more than a month or so, but could they hit that when he gets called up? Yup

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Now let me start off by saying I have never owned, and never plan to own, a single Wieters card. I completely missed the boat, and instead of buying at around $80, I just decided frack it and let it go.

Some of these prices seem a little far fetched.. I remember Gordon getting $125+ per chrome, Braun was $150.. but not $200 for Delmon. I think Delmon's were about $50 when the set released, and never higher than $125.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
lvdan said:

touche :lol: :lol:

here's a chunk of "my" wieters just for you seth:

Dan I'm just messing you know you're my boy :)

That's a lot of nice "Wieters" stuff buddy, but Donruss made an error, they put some scrub pitcher on there!

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
TelePlayer22 said:

Some of these prices seem a little far fetched.. I remember Gordon getting $125+ per chrome, Braun was $150.. but not $200 for Delmon. I think Delmon's were about $50 when the set released, and never higher than $125.

I sold multiple Delmon Chromes at $180, and I know they went higher than that.

I sold a Gordon X at $280, and then watched his Chromes get almost as much in the next few months.

Braun at his peak was well over $200.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
All I know is I am glad I traded for this the other day. :)

2007EEEMattWietersauto799.jpg

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
TelePlayer22 said:
[quote="Incline Investments":2v5i9g8v]Now let me start off by saying I have never owned, and never plan to own, a single Wieters card. I completely missed the boat, and instead of buying at around $80, I just decided frack it and let it go.

I sold multiple Delmon Chromes at $180, and I know they went higher than that.

I sold a Gordon X at $280, and then watched his Chromes get almost as much in the next few months.

Braun at his peak was well over $200.[/quote:2v5i9g8v]

I take back what I said, then. Touche :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts