Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Spring Training Thread - 3/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Jarrod Parker
Yu Darvish
Travis Wood
Chris Sale
Randall Delgado
Clayton Kershaw
Juan Nicasio

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Detroit infielder Miguel Cabrera left Monday's Grapefruit League game against Philadelphia after being struck in the face by a grounder during the first inning. Cabrera, who is transitioning from first base to third this year, was lined up to field Hunter Pence's scorching grounder before it took a dramatic hop and hit him directly in the face. He sustained a deep gash just below his eye and was bleeding profusely from the cut. Cabrera received stitches to close the wound and was taken to a local hospital for precautionary X-rays.

: Cabrera was able to walk off the field under his own power and went directly into the clubhouse as trainers attempted to stop the bleeding with a towel

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Randall Delgado - 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 5 K

Julio Teheran - 4 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 K

Josh Reddick HR (2)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
Detroit infielder Miguel Cabrera left Monday's Grapefruit League game against Philadelphia after being struck in the face by a grounder during the first inning. Cabrera, who is transitioning from first base to third this year, was lined up to field Hunter Pence's scorching grounder before it took a dramatic hop and hit him directly in the face. He sustained a deep gash just below his eye and was bleeding profusely from the cut. Cabrera received stitches to close the wound and was taken to a local hospital for precautionary X-rays.

: Cabrera was able to walk off the field under his own power and went directly into the clubhouse as trainers attempted to stop the bleeding with a towel

From what I saw the gash was because the ball hit his glasses which cut him, which hopefully means no serious damage.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
I just wanted to wish Clayton Kershaw a happy 24th birthday. Effective start against the Indians today as well.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Great rebound outing for Chris Sale. 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
Aoki vs. Darvish: round 1 goes to Aoki

On the same day that the Brewers blog guy semi-calls out Aoki for not producing much for the price, he goes 3-3 w/ a 3B, SB, and 3 RBI.

And Kentrail Davis belts a HR out of no-where

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
JD Martinez 2-4 1 Run 3 RBI's Struck out 2 Is it becuase he is on the Astros that he get no notice?
Iglesias 0-3 after coming off his (I think groin injury) Other than that he needs to start hitting, i got a few autos
Mesoraco 0-2 hes just sucking lately
Addison Reed 1 IP 2ks He's going to become their closer i think

Members online

Latest posts