Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Daily Thread 4/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Ubaldo no hitter through 6

Kipnis 2 run shot

Adam LaRoche went yard. Gio looked good against the Cubs but was getting SQUEEZED.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Lawrie's first hit of the season is a 2 out, 2 RBI single, breaking Ubaldo's no hitter and tying the game. Each pitcher has only given up 1 hit so far.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Captain Kirk Nieuwenhuis making a good impression on his debut for the Mets going 2-4 with two singles through 8 innings.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
frazzles said:
Extras again for the Tribe & Jays.

Asdrubal Cabrera solo shot in Bot 9 tied it up, another blown save.
Jays blew 25 last year, and blew up the pen as a result. They looked so good in the 16 inning game.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
ChasHawk said:
cartersprings said:
Marmol being Marmol to blow Garza's win.
Actually Wood did most of the damage.

True. Marmol didn't help by coming in and issuing a walk followed by a 2 run single though. :?

Edit: I see he ended up issuing two walks and two hits without recording an out. ::facepalm::

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Here's to hoping Josh "Back, Back, Back, Back" Beckett is here this year and not Josh "Pretty Damn Good" Beckett.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
cartersprings said:
ChasHawk said:
cartersprings said:

True. Marmol didn't help by coming in and issuing a walk followed by a 2 run single though. :?

Edit: I see he ended up issuing two walks and two hits without recording an out. ::facepalm::

Actually all the blame goes to Jody Davis. Cubs up 4-2...middle of 7th. Jody Davis sings Take me out to the ballgame and at the end... with the Cubs up 4-2... he says the dreaded words.... Lets get some runs. I had a bad feeling about that when he said it. You dont need runs when you are up 2.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
P_Manning 18 said:
cartersprings said:
ChasHawk said:
cartersprings said:

Actually all the blame goes to Jody Davis. Cubs up 4-2...middle of 7th. Jody Davis sings Take me out to the ballgame and at the end... with the Cubs up 4-2... he says the dreaded words.... Lets get some runs. I had a bad feeling about that when he said it. You dont need runs when you are up 2.
This Jody Davis?
011-1.jpg

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
cartersprings said:
ChasHawk said:
cartersprings said:

This Jody Davis?
011-1.jpg

Yep... old catcher for the Cubs.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
vwnut13 said:
Here's to hoping Josh "Back, Back, Back, Back" Beckett is here this year and not Josh "Pretty Damn Good" Beckett.

Three home runs throught 4 innings.

Seems like "Back, Back, Back, Back" is Back! Atleast today.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
not watching but checked espn boxscore and miggy with his first HR of the season! hopefully this is his MVP year

Prince added his first of the season as well.

Doug Fister only went 3 2/3 IP... is he injured?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
P_Manning 18 said:
miguelcabrera said:
not watching but checked espn boxscore and miggy with his first HR of the season! hopefully this is his MVP year

Prince added his first of the season as well.

Doug Fister only went 3 2/3 IP... is he injured?

Yes.

Members online

Latest posts