Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Tribute autographs are killing me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I love these cards, in theory. The autographs are on a clean background, and the design in top notch.

But, the autographs themselves are terrible. I don't think it is the players, but every other card I buy has the autograph bubbling up or smeared in some spot. And the thing is, I look hard at the pictures posted on Ebay, but it seems like you only can really see them once you have the card in hand. I am not sure if it is the pen that the players are using, or the card stock.

Anyone else notice this...or are bothered?

Thanks for listening...I just needed to get that out.

ps-

Anyone wants a Justin Upton or Andrew Mccutchen, I will listen to offers :)

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Glad you mentioned this, I was considering buying some as well, as they look very nice.From every scan I've seen I haven't noticed any bubbling on any of them, now I read this and it makes me leary of getting any now.Can you post scans of the bubbled ones you have?How bad do they look?

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Interesting to know, I was considering buying an Upton eventually but seeing as that is one you have, I'm guessing they aren't the best quality.

I have 9 of Daniel Hudson and an Ian Kennedy, and all the autographs look great, so I'm surprised to hear that.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I've been buying the Dodger Tribute autos and already have 6 or 7 in hand and the autos all look great on mine so I'm sure it's not a problem across the board.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
andrewmc.jpg

AND

upton.jpg

Am I being too touchy?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
OscarOne said:
andrewmc.jpg

AND

upton.jpg

Am I being too touchy?
Man, I don't think you're being too touchy! That's awful, just my opinion. My initial though is these players have stacks of cards they need to sign, so they just fly through autographing them and either smudge them or they stack them quickly after signing and the card on top just smudges them. When you look on the back of these, do you see any sort of ink from the card it was stacked on top of?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
OscarOne said:
That is a really good theory...I did not even think of that.

Nope...double checked all my cards and there were no marks that I could see. Bummer.

Marks would be on the back of other Justin Upton cards since the smudges would be made when the cards originally stack.

mjxiv2325

Mar 24, 2012
I have 2 tributes autos seem fine, but a lot of people seem mad about the cases already being scratched up.

Latest posts