Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official/Unofficial... WHY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Just wondering why there is a need for everyone to have an Official/Unofficial post? Is there a latent desire in them to hopefully start one of those threads that lasts a long time, so that there name is showing or what? I guess I just don't get it. Any explanations?

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
Just wondering why there is a need for everyone to have an Official/Unofficial post? Is there a latent desire in them to hopefully start one of those threads that lasts a long time, so that there name is showing or what? I guess I just don't get it. Any explanations?

The need to feel important....duuuuuuuuuuh. :D Get my pm?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I can't answer for why others do it, but I like having topics that interest me (ie mail thread) in one thread instead of every time someone gets a mailday to post their own, or even a weekly and a weekend mailday. Doesn't make much sense to me.

What I don't get it why some people like to "stir the pot".

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
If the thread makes its way into sticky central, I will edit the title to say official.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
LLWesMan said:
It's both an attention grab as well as an endeavor to have a thread updated and bumped rather than having new threads created on the topic.

Messages scroll to the bottom so fast as it is...you may see 5 posts on new maildays. If flightposite wants his name on a "mail thread" to make him feel better, that is fine by me.

Wes

OG
Administrator
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
It's both an attention grab as well as an endeavor to have a thread updated and bumped rather than having new threads created on the topic.

Messages scroll to the bottom so fast as it is...you may see 5 posts on new maildays. If flightposite wants his name on a "mail thread" to make him feel better, that is fine by me.

I wasn't being critical but answering a question. I have an "official" bay area card show thread.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
I can't answer for why others do it, but I like having topics that interest me (ie mail thread) in one thread instead of every time someone gets a mailday to post their own, or even a weekly and a weekend mailday. Doesn't make much sense to me.

What I don't get it why some people like to "stir the pot".

Life is much more fun with a stirred pot.

Though I don't see how this is "stirring the pot", but if you really get upset because you had an "official/unofficial" thread yourself... then you are certainly someone that needs their pot stirred a bit more.

Merely a question of if people think it's for attention or something else.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
LLWesMan said:
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:

I wasn't being critical but answering a question. I have an "official" bay area card show thread.

Oh, i didn't think you were being critical...i was just trying to answer Flightposite question why I do it :cool:

Members online

Latest posts