Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Daily thread for May 19&20th Weekend...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all! 5AM in the East to start a great weather Weekend.

Good luck at the Show Tim, may you be as lucky as shiguy has been with his Leaf Metal lately LOL!

and hope everyone has a Fantastic weekend!

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning.

Today is going to be a busy day for me. I'm working 4 hours of OT until 9:30, then going to a Franco Harris signing that I just heard about last night and it's only $10 for an auto (1 per person), then getting my hair cut, then visiting my Mom for a little bit, then back to my house to pick up my wife and her brother to finally go to the show. Somewhere in there I need to eat lunch.

I doubt I'll be buying any wax, I'm hoping to find a nice single or 2 that I like.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
On Wednesday night I was looking for some shipping supplies in my basement near where I have all my cards and memorabilia stacked up at and inside a box I found an unsigned Steeler mini, I have no clue where it came from. So that was perfect timing, as I'm going to get that signed by Franco.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
$10 is a steal for that. Wish there were more signings around here

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Also checked out Scott's lucky shop. Found 2 cards I wanted to buy and the price was good but I wasn't liking the feeling in the shop so I left.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Hey everyone, I was searching for autographs, newest listed with by now and I came across this card . I am primarily a Seattle Seahawks collector and hate purchasing running backs, but it was the first card from Valiant and his jersey number, does anyone else think I just got a great deal? I brought it with the sole intention of flipping it.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Also checked out Scott's lucky shop. Found 2 cards I wanted to buy and the price was good but I wasn't liking the feeling in the shop so I left.

What kind if feeling were you getting?

I think I'm on my own with these supers. Either masonphillip is busy or he ignored my PM. Regardless, I think I have a general plan of action

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
What kind if feeling were you getting?

I think I'm on my own with these supers. Either masonphillip is busy or he ignored my PM. Regardless, I think I have a general plan of action

I will buy both supers if you give me a price ;)

It was probably my fault in the shop, I just left the show so I had a backpack with me that I wouldn't dare leave in my car. I looked through this super awesome autograph box with all baseball legends and he just stood over my shoulder the whole time which I personally don't like. His price on the 2 cards I wanted was solid though. You could pick them up for me if you want :D. I was also asking a ton of prices on older wax and not sure if I was asking to many questions.

So more on my end I am sure but I am a regular at the shop I go to and this was a new one. But damn that auto box was awesome.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Yeah, I can understand that. His store was hit by thieves during the night a few months ago and they robbed him of all of his vintage cards, it was pretty devastating to him and I can understand how he might be a little paranoid around a new face. Plus, his store is on Aurora, which is a sketchy area to begin with.

I think I looked through that box when he got it in. If it's the same box, some guy recently sold him that collection. I went in today to pick up some stuff and he told me about your visit, showing me the two cards you were interested in. If you want, you can PM me the details of the deal and when I go in next I can try and work something out with him. Which older wax were you interested in?