Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro with 2500th MLB Hit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Congratts to Ichiro for hitting his 2500th Career MLB Hit. He has a good chance of getting 3,000 just before his 41st birthday, pretty amazing considering how late he started his career here.
Post your favorite Ichis.
Edit - 2501 and 2502
Edit - 2503
ichirobettersig2-1.jpg

Last edited:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Keep thinking that but I'll bet it will be. I don't see Jeter playing too many more years.

DJ already has 3000 hits, so he is at minimum two years ahead (realistically, three years). He is one year younger than Ichiro. I honestly do not see Ichiro playing past another four years. That means, DJ would have to retire and in all likelihood it looks like he's going to continue on. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying certain things will have to happen.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
DJ already has 3000 hits, so he is at minimum two years ahead (realistically, three years). He is one year younger than Ichiro. I honestly do not see Ichiro playing past another four years. That means, DJ would have to retire and in all likelihood it looks like he's going to continue on. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying certain things will have to happen.

I'm with you there. I just don't see the Yanks keeping him as his production slips. The Mariners will likely keep Suzuki. That's my line of thinking anyways. But yeah...I see what your saying...

Frow

Are you counting what he has done in Japan? Because if you're not, it's not going to be close.

I know a lot of people don't even want to look at those stats but if you think about his stats playing professional baseball he's less than 300 hits away from 4000, has 631 stolen bases which would rank him 15th all time (only 56th all time now), 1816 runs which would rank 16th all time (only 203rd all time now). Extremely impressive

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Ichiro's career has been remarkable. Hopefully the last couple of seasons are not the "new normal" for him. Somehow I feel like he's going to rebound and put up a few more seasons of really solid numbers.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Ichiro's career has been remarkable. Hopefully the last couple of seasons are not the "new normal" for him. Somehow I feel like he's going to rebound and put up a few more seasons of really solid numbers.

The only way I see this happening (him having another 200+ hit season) as if he gets moved to a full-time DH position. I don't have the statistics in front of me, but if you look at games he has played this season after not playing the day before, he is hitting significantly higher. I'm a Mariners fan to the bone, but if the opportunity came up this year to trade him to a contender, I would do it in a heartbeat not think twice; he's not an outfielder of the future and frankly, I think he is a distraction in the clubhouse (even though no one says anything about it).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The only way I see this happening (him having another 200+ hit season) as if he gets moved to a full-time DH position. I don't have the statistics in front of me, but if you look at games he has played this season after not playing the day before, he is hitting significantly higher. I'm a Mariners fan to the bone, but if the opportunity came up this year to trade him to a contender, I would do it in a heartbeat not think twice; he's not an outfielder of the future and frankly, I think he is a distraction in the clubhouse (even though no one says anything about it).

He's still got an arm on him and with the marketability of 3,000 hits, I don't see him going anywhere.

Frow

He's still got an arm on him and with the marketability of 3,000 hits, I don't see him going anywhere.

I doubt his marketability has much to do with 3000, at least right now and more of the Japanese connection.

They also aren't going to trade someone in their contact year and get anything for him and really at the moment he seems to be the best thing they've got.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I doubt his marketability has much to do with 3000, at least right now and more of the Japanese connection.

They also aren't going to trade someone in their contact year and get anything for him and really at the moment he seems to be the best thing they've got.

Dude...they know it's coming and if you don't think a team will hold onto a sub par guy to reach 3,000 in their uni, just reference Biggio for that one.

Members online

Latest posts