Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chipper 5 for 5; My favorite Braves game in person since Sid Slid game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
History boys and girls. What a fantabulous night. Didn't think we would get to see any baseball tonight. Was about as perfect a night at the ballpark. It doesn't get any better than this.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I saw the box score, very happy for him!

In my eyes, I hope the "perfect" night gets a bit better.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
His batting average jumped 22 points tonight. Just a few RBI's away from being the all-time RBI leader among 3rd basemen (as their primary position). He'll pass Mike Schmidt and George Brett.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
yeah if there is any doubt that he didn't deserve to go to the all-star game that was erased. he still has some left in him.chip chip hooray

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Probably not really a historic night, buy a VERY good one all the way around.

I had about 20 people in the store when Bourn hit that triple, and the place erupted.

It's funny, MTG players around ATL really like the braves.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Probably not really a historic night, buy a VERY good one all the way around.

I had about 20 people in the store when Bourn hit that triple, and the place erupted.

It's funny, MTG players around ATL really like the braves.

Gilmore - no question it's an historic night. I'm a Big Braves historian sport.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Gilmore - no question it's an historic night. I'm a Big Braves historian sport.

No question? He's the 11th person to do it this season alone. 42 people did it 2008. Julio Lugo had one in 2009. JULIO LUGO! HE WAS AWFUL!

As Braves games go, you'd have to put Beachy's 1st shutout, Chipper's walkoff in May, Heyward ripping the Yankees ahead of last night, and that's just off the top of my head.

To be clear, last night was awesome and everyone is glad you had a great time. I'm excited to go tonight. NOT crapping on your experience. Just saying: "historic" is open to question.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
ahhhh you are just jealous you weren't there last night. Chipper's 5 for 5 in his final season the day he was announced to the All-Star game much bigger than any of those you named. Plus he had a SB, a pretty damn good fielding play and 4 rbi's. More memorable maybe not historic. Plus it was raining so hard an hour before the game you thought there was no way they were going to play it. What a treat.

Just one of those moments when you get goose bumps at the park. It's not a no hitter. But it's one of those games that will be talked about for years to come boss.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ahhhh you are just jealous you weren't there last night. Chipper's 5 for 5 in his final season the day he was announced to the All-Star game much bigger than any of those you named. Plus he had a SB, a pretty damn good fielding play and 4 rbi's. More memorable maybe not historic. Plus it was raining so hard an hour before the game you thought there was no way they were going to play it. What a treat.

Just one of those moments when you get goose bumps at the park. It's not a no hitter. But it's one of those games that will be talked about for years to come boss.
Wait a second here buckaroo, I thought you were a big Braves historian and therefore can dictate what is an what isn't historic.

Now I'm confused buddy.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I remember back in 1998 when Gwynn went 5 for 5 in April about the same time as I was making my first online account... (Aol and EBay) thus the birth of Gwynn545!!! I am sure Chipper545 is available for someone!!!!

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Getting 5 hits off of Chris Volstad and the Cubs bullpen is nice, but far from amazing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

bravesfan22

Feb 22, 2011
Greentown/Kokomo, IN
My brother ,nephew and I flew out monday from Indy to goto Monday and Tuesdays Game. My nephew is a cubs fan and it was his first cubs game monday, he got 3 IP Autographs (garza,maholm,dolis) and the cubs won so he was pretty excited. Tuesday was a GREAT night for my Brother and I, My love for the braves comes directly from my brother, he is definitely the biggest chipper fan i know so it was awesome to see how happy he was for Chipper to have such a great game in what will probably be our last time seeing him in person. That was our first trip to turner field and it was a great experience. Before we flew out all I was hoping for was I hope Chipper does something special to make this trip perfect. A solo home run would have been fine, but going 5-5 4 rbis a sb and a web gem was more than I ever would have imagined.

Also seeing Heyward homer was awesome!

And for those saying it wasn't a historic night again its probably open for discussion but for Braves fans it was definitely historic and Chipper notched a few more stats on the career list.
-Chipper past Max Carey for seventh on the career hits list for switch-hitters.
-150th stolen base
- Only the 2nd brave ever to have a 10 game hit streak over the age of 40 the last dude was from 1933

Chipper only needs 2 more rbis to move passed schmidt and and george brett for most rbis by a 3rd baseman.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
My wife and I were at this game as well. She is a huge Cubs fan. It was an awesome night to be in the stadium even if you aren't a Braves/Chipper fan. With each of Chipper's at bats the cheers got louder and by the 5th at bat you just knew some how he was going to get a hit. Then Fredi Gonzalez did the classy thing and took Chipper out for a pinch runner. The entire crowd gave him a one minute (or more) standing ovation until Chipper finally came out for a curtain call. What makes this even more impressive is that 30-40% of the crowd was Cubs fans.

Bottom line, Chipper is an easy guy to root for no matter who your favorite team is. He is a guaranteed HOF'er and if you were at Turner Field the other night you got to experience something truly special.

Members online

Latest posts