Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Setting up at a card show this weekend, need some opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I've set up at a few shows in the past, but I haven't ever taken as much inventory as I plan to this time. I never bother with the .10/.25 cards, as usually people do not look through those boxes. I am entertaining a new idea (for me, and from what I've seen) but putting .25-.50 cards into a binder with 9 page sleeves, and trying to sell them that way rather than making people thumb through boxes. (I am going to mark the binder as $0.50 cards, I'm sure people will haggle though). Has anyone else done this and seen any discernible difference in the amount of stuff that sells? A few examples of stuff I am putting in the pages: BDP Rookies from this year (Bubba, Lindor, Barnes, etc.), Topps Chrome Refractors, Topps Update inserts, etc.

I'm also going to try and have some kind of raffle, where a certain amount of $$ spent gets you a number of tickets (every $10 spent, one entry, something along those lines). Has this ever swayed anyone a certain way to make a purchase from a dealer?

Thanks for any opinions/advice.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I wouldn't bother with the binders. I definitiely NEVER look through those. People do however thumb through .10/.25/.50/1.00 boxes though. Way more than you would think. I always brought them to the show and could bank on making table money out of the scraps and inserts I sold out of them.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I disagree with the above poster in response to the binders. If the pages are clean, I always look through them. If they're old ruddy pages, I don't ever bother. I find them to be a lot easier way to see nine cards at a time rather than thumbing through boxes, which often damages cards and leaves cases looking scratched and ugly.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Cope: Really? I'm gonna have a dollar box full of refractors/higher end rookies too, but for the low low end stuff I thought people would like the binders more

aluckypull: Atlanta - Hilton Garden Inn off 285/400

aminors: That was my thought as well, but like I mentioned above, I will also have a three row box full of $1 type cards as well

Members online

Latest posts