Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heads up on an eBay Crook!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Hey all. I don't post here much... More of a lurker. Many of you have bought from me via the bay over the years. Consider this a public service message. I recently sold a sealed case of Pro Debut via auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170859618839?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

The buyer never paid and I filed a non paying bidder. I block the bidder and relist the case and it sells again to the SAME dude under a different ID:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170869489097?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

This time he pays and I send the case with Signature Confirmation. He opened the entire case and then sent me an email saying some of the cards were damaged and he wants a FULL refund. I should add, I double boxed the case before shipping. I told him that if he had some damaged cards he could contact Topps. He filed an eBay claim and even stated in the claim that it was NOT the sellers fault. In eBay's infinite wisdom they ruled in his favor... Long story short, save your self some trouble and block this guy. BTW, he calls himself Taylor Cool (Most likely an alias) and his address is in Woodburn IN.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
coolsportscardsinc2012
s.gif
and tcsportscards12 are his IDs... My guess is he has more since both of these are under 10 feedback. My guess he is an experienced eBayer who has gone over to the dark side.
s.gif

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
They have said he is required to ship everything back, but in the meantime the money is frozen, etc... What are the chances he sends all the good hits back? By the way, I did a reverse lookup on the address and the name that pops up is Donald Gordon.
ebay is not requiring him to ship anything back? not that you would get it all back anyway.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
It appears Donald Gordon from Woodburn is an older guy. Maybe its a son or grandson using his address? I have some decent resources if you want to pm me his address.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
This is BS. Have you talked to a human at eBay, there is no way this should be a refund. Obviously the purchase will not be returned in the same condition you sent it to him.....all the FN packs are open. I would count every card, wrapper, etc......and if any one thing is missing I would tell eBay that the return was incomplete......even for a missing wrapper.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
This is BS. Have you talked to a human at eBay, there is no way this should be a refund. Obviously the purchase will not be returned in the same condition you sent it to him.....all the FN packs are open. I would count every card, wrapper, etc......and if any one thing is missing I would tell eBay that the return was incomplete......even for a missing wrapper.

agreed, call ebay and show them the evidence that it was the same person. they will have to side with you.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
agreed, call ebay and show them the evidence that it was the same person. they will have to side with you.

True, it is against the TOS to bid on an item from a second account if your first is blocked.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unwelcome-buying.html

• You can't try to buy or bid on an item if you're on a seller's blocked bidder or buyer list.

• You can't use another account to buy or bid on an item if you're on a seller's blocked bidder or buyer list.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
good call, if you tell ebay you involved the police theyll be more likely to respond.

Good luck getting the police to actually followup on this, although telling ebay you filed a report might bare some credence for them to reverse their finding

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
The guy I spoke with also was scratching his head about the decision, but was unable to change it....

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The guy I spoke with also was scratching his head about the decision, but was unable to change it....

not surprising.

Do what George said...just keep asking for each person's supervisor until they get tired of dealing with you and cave.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
You have enough evidence to get this reversed. Call eBay and Paypal and keep working up the ladder. I had an incident that was not handled properly and I actually got them to reverse their original decision.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

this^ for sure. I'm pretty sure ebay's policy is the item has to be returned in the exact same condition it came in this case every single card needs to be there, wrapper, box, and the case itself. Only thing to worry about is if the guy replaces all the good hits with crappy ones he has laying around to keep the count correct.

Members online

Latest posts