Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Problem with Upper Deck, Rewards site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
As I am sure some of you know, for a while I was collecting Upper Deck points for their website upperdeckrewards.com. For those who havent used it, they used to insert filler cards with codes that earned you points. Those points could be used to bid on game used items, autos, boxes and single cards. In the middle of December I made a couple of posts on here and other sites regarding the site not working (the site was closing at the end of January). Others also confirmed the site was down but it claimed it would be back up by, I believe, December 28. There were a lot of items they were putting up so I went out and bought as many rewards point cards I could. I think I ended up with like 30,000 points. Anyways, sometime at the beginning of January I sent an email to Upper Deck asking when the site was going to be up again to bid on the final items. I never got a response and the site NEVER came back live again. Every day in Jamuary I checked that website and it always had the same message "We will be back on December 28, 2008".

Yesterday, one of my emails got answered. Heres the back and fourth from Upper Deck.
My Email:
"Hello,
I am wondering if you have information on the http://www.upperdeckrewards.com site? I had a large amount of points waiting to be used on the auctions that were closing right before the site was set to close in January. Apparently the site went down in December, said it would be back at the end of the month and now theres nothing there at all. Will I still have a chance to place my bids/have the auctions I bid on go through?
Thank You"

UD's Email:
Hello,
The Rewards site was up all month of January and closed on 01/31. I remember us having trouble during one weekend in December but other than that, the rewards site has been up all the time since the announcement of the closure on 10/31/2008.
Unfortunately, reward points cannot be exchanged past the January 31st deadline and an email was sent to the email address tied to your account including a discount coupon for any remaining points you have had.
Sincerely,
ALeX
Upper Deck Customer Service
Sports Cards: 800.873.7332
Memorabilia: 800.551.8220

Did anyone else remember that site being down and get ripped out of using their points as well?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
They emailed me like 75 times reminding me they are closing, and I seen several people who used all their points cause they knew it was ending. Some dude got like 25 signed balls.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Yeah man you are right! there was 2 occasions the site was down and i got screwed out of getting a lebron auto jersey cuz of it. i was pissed and ended up using all my points on a Jordan auto basketball and Nolan Ryan auto ball. I HATE UD!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I used points and got 10 unsigned baseballs (most of which have found new homes by now) but I didn't try to shift my points over in time. They had better stuff on their Upepr Deck auction site, but that's pretty much over with now, too. There's not much left to buy with your points now.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Yeah man you are right! there was 2 occasions the site was down and i got screwed out of getting a lebron auto jersey cuz of it. i was pissed and ended up using all my points on a Jordan auto basketball and Nolan Ryan auto ball. I HATE UD!

That is unfortunate but at least you got to use your points for something ;) .

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
The rep told me I would have to prove the site was down. I sent him a link made back in January with a few people saying they were unable to access the site as well and he never emailed me back after that. Hopefully because tomorrow is Monday he will reply with something positive. I would at least like to sell my points to them or whatever for some kind of autographed piece in return.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Light the torch and grab a pitchfork.

You might have better luck calling them. I know it's a pain in the neck to sit on hold, but at least you'll have direct contact quicker than waiting on an e-mail.

G

MallCopKJ said:
Never got another reply and never even got my "coupon". Nice.
And this would surprise you. It is Upper Deck, there done with that promotion and could
careless if anyone redeemed the coupons too.

Sorry sir but you get nothing and good day sir :lol:

you%20get%20nothing.jpg

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Pine Tar said:
MallCopKJ said:
Never got another reply and never even got my "coupon". Nice.
And this would surprise you. It is Upper Deck, there done with that promotion and could
careless if anyone redeemed the coupons too.

Sorry sir but you get nothing and good day sir :lol:

you%20get%20nothing.jpg

:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts