Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PWE's: Would You? READ BEFORE VOTING

Would you pay $1 for S&H if you knew you were getting a toploader and PWE

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Poll is (apparently not that) simple: Would you pay $1 for shipping and handling if you knew the seller would ship your card in a toploader and plain white envelope?

-Toploader is sealed on the top with tape.
-Card is NOT game used.
-You paid between $.01 and $5 for the card.

Comments welcomed.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Re: PWE's: Would You?

rico08 said:
Poll is simple: Would you pay $1 for shipping and handling if you knew the seller would ship your card in a toploader and plain white envelope.

You paid between $.01 and $5 for the card.

Comments welcomed.

NO: envelope and a toploader.

YES: Envelope, toploader, sleeve, cardboard insert and outlined in clear packing tape (so the sorter doesn't rip the bottom)........59 cents not 42 cents due to the cardboard.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

rico08 said:
Poll is simple: Would you pay $1 for shipping and handling if you knew the seller would ship your card in a toploader and plain white envelope.

You paid between $.01 and $5 for the card.

Comments welcomed.

It isn't that simple. As long as the card doesn't contain a GU element I would be fine with it. Those will always get creased up by the sorting machines in a PWE.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

ru4scuba said:
It isn't that simple. As long as the card doesn't contain a GU element I would be fine with it. Those will always get creased up by the sorting machines in a PWE.

Good point. I changed the parameters so your "no" might now be a "yes."

Anyone know how to clear a poll's results?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

rico08 said:
ru4scuba said:

Good point. I changed the parameters so your "no" might now be a "yes."

Anyone know how to clear a poll's results?

How about this:

Yes, for everything.
Yes, but only for cards of normal thickness.
No.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
No, quite a few sellers charge $2 or less and ship in a bubble mailer with DC. Why should a pass be given to someone who wants to try to maximize their profits by charging more on shipping than what they are actually paying for, just because he is charging $1?

On another note, I don't understand why any seller on eBay would ship in a PWE, they will lose any Paypal dispute that is brought against them because they can't prove the item was delivered.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I always sell low dollar cards with $1 shipping in a PWE and top loader. Cards that are worth more are always shipped in a bubble mailer. Very rare does the card get damaged. I do TTM auto's all the time and those come back in a PWE (no top loader) and I have never had a problem with any card.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Yes, and whenever I apy $1 for shipping and it is a low end card i expect to receive a PWE. I have never had a problems receiving a card in a PWE. The few times I received a damaged card it was in a bubble mailer

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I thought the results would be more towards "no" but I guess the PWE gripes come with a) damaged cards or b) overcharging for using PWE's.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
With the results so far, would anyone consider offering $1 shipping in a PWE as an option for low-dollar cards?

I'm going to use the PWE option as an alternative to bubble envelope/DC in my Collector Revolution listings.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Especially if you're offering it as an *option*. I'd say definitely do it. You might make some sales that would have otherwise been passed on. Just remember you can't DC a PWE, so you might get scammed out of a card or two over the years.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Therion said:
Especially if you're offering it as an *option*. I'd say definitely do it. You might make some sales that would have otherwise been passed on. Just remember you can't DC a PWE, so you might get scammed out of a card or two over the years.

I mulled over the no DC caveat because I use Paypal postage and ship everything with DC. I know the world is full of despicable people but for under $10 delivered I'd hope people have bigger fish to fry. Although, aren't low-dollar bills the most frequently counterfeited?

I'll see how it pans out though. If one is willing to mail grandma a birthday card in a PWE I'm sure that person would be OK with paying $1 for shipping to have a low-dollar Bagwells shipped in a PWE once in a while.

Latest posts