Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pat Corbin scratched from his start in AAA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
AZ trading for Dempster makes no sense.

It's believed we wont make the playoffs this year with the moves LA has made, so why acquire a half-season rental in Dempster?

Towers wants youth, and Garza fits that build the team wants.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
AZ trading for Dempster makes no sense.

It's believed we wont make the playoffs this year with the moves LA has made, so why acquire a half-season rental in Dempster?

Towers wants youth, and Garza fits that build the team wants.

Dempster lives in Arizona, which is the only thing that would make sense for him to go to AZ.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Unless we're giving up very little to get him, I dont see why we would when he'll sign somewhere else next year

I agree! If Corbin is involved for Dempster, there won't be much more involved in the deal. Corbin is no slouch lol.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I agree! If Corbin is involved for Dempster, there won't be much more involved in the deal. Corbin is no slouch lol.

I think Corbin alone is all they would/should give for just Dempster...unless they can reach an extension with him.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I would be thrilled if the Cubs traded Garza and a prospect or two for Upton. Garza, Jackson, and a second tier prospect sounds about right. DBacks can plug in Jackson as the replacement for Upton. Of course, the big question is exactly what Theo and Jed think of Jackson and whether in their opinion he is likely to produce similar numbers to Upton. Also, good point by Rosenthal...

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Diamondbacks scratched Corbin from Triple A start. Doesn't necessarily mean he is part of trade. Team could move big-league starter instead

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I would be thrilled if the Cubs traded Garza and a prospect or two for Upton. Garza, Jackson, and a second tier prospect sounds about right. DBacks can plug in Jackson as the replacement for Upton. Of course, the big question is exactly what Theo and Jed think of Jackson and whether in their opinion he is likely to produce similar numbers to Upton. Also, good point by Rosenthal...

#Diamondbacks scratched Corbin from Triple A start. Doesn't necessarily mean he is part of trade. Team could move big-league starter instead

If it's just Upton, I can easily see Garza, Jackson, McNutt.

Fills three holes the Dbacks need and want

Garza- SP
McNutt - RP
Jackson - OF who replaces Upton

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Corbin is most likely getting called up to AZ. Breslow was a lefty reliever and traded for a righty in Albers. The D'backs will want another lefty in the bullpen, so Corbin gets called up to fill that role.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Here the GM for AZ was on a radio station in Chicago this morning! And he stated this very samething.

Upton not in play:
While reports swirl that the Diamondbacks are trying hard to add a big-name starting pitcher, you can remove one potential trade chip from the conversation. MLB.com's Steve Gilbert reports that Justin Upton will not be part of a deal to bring in someone like Matt Garza.

That combination was floated in some rumors on Tuesday, but if Arizona adds a starter, it won't be by parting with Upton. How exactly the Snakes would bring in a big name remains to be seen.

Although GM have lied just to bluff their way into getting more then they would have in the first place.

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Although GM have lied just to bluff their way into getting more then they would have in the first place.

I think this is what Towers is doing...just trying to up the ante by playing hard to get

But I do think he stays when its said and done

Members online

Latest posts