Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lee claimed off waivers?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Can't see anything happening. Philly won't get the prospects they want without paying some of the money and they aren't going to pay him to pitch for another team.

maine_mariner

Aug 26, 2009
Atlanta
People are guessing it was Arizona since Jon Heyman said it would be next to impossible for the claiming team to acquire him.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
People are guessing it was Arizona since Jon Heyman said it would be next to impossible for the claiming team to acquire him.

We were definitely shopping for a "big name elite" starting pitcher before the deadline...at least thats what the rumor was.

We do definitely have the prospects to move by Philly would have to eat the majority of the contract

maine_mariner

Aug 26, 2009
Atlanta
We were definitely shopping for a "big name elite" starting pitcher before the deadline...at least thats what the rumor was.

We do definitely have the prospects to move by Philly would have to eat the majority of the contract

But they don't want to eat any of the contract and that's why Heyman said what he said. I would hate to see him go but I think they are going to work on a deal this winter with Texas.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
But they don't want to eat any of the contract and that's why Heyman said what he said. I would hate to see him go but I think they are going to work on a deal this winter with Texas.

I think you are right.

But, you never know what could happen

maine_mariner

Aug 26, 2009
Atlanta
You got that right. I would never have thought they would play this bad. I know there have been injuries but this is ridiculous.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I dont understand how they sign Hamels to a big long term deal then look to trade away one of their big 3 in Lee.

I mean, I can understand wanting to move Pence because of arbitration, and Victorino because of various other reasons, but getting rid of an anchor of the rotation and a guy barely signed a year and a half ago doesnt make sense to me

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
5:06pm: The Phillies don't see a trade as very likely, reports Jon Heyman. The Phils also aren't likely to just let Lee leave to the claiming team without getting anything back in return

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
I might actually purchase a ticket to see a Dbacks game if they can land Lee. Ever since Colangelo left I maybe have paid for 2-3 tickets since then. Luckily I have friends with season tickets but I still hate to listen to Dback fans conversations at games. No offense HPC, Nick and others that don't just show up when they are in first.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
5:16pm: The Dodgers were awarded Lee's claiming rights, tweets Jon Morosi of FOX Sports. This means that all NL teams with a record worse than the Dodgers' 56-50 mark (every NL team except the Reds, Nationals, Pirates, Braves, Giants and Cardinals) first passed on Lee.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I might actually purchase a ticket to see a Dbacks game if they can land Lee. Ever since Colangelo left I maybe have paid for 2-3 tickets since then. Luckily I have friends with season tickets but I still hate to listen to Dback fans conversations at games. No offense HPC, Nick and others that don't just show up when they are in first.

I was a partial season ticket holder for a while, but found that because of work and living in Buckeye I wasnt able to attend many of the games and ended up giving away most of them to friends and family. Great seats too!

Now that I live in Downtown Phoenix, I am able to go again, but will not purchase anymore season tickets.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
I was a partial season ticket holder for a while, but found that because of work and living in Buckeye I wasnt able to attend many of the games and ended up giving away most of them to friends and family. Great seats too!

Now that I live in Downtown Phoenix, I am able to go again, but will not purchase anymore season tickets.

I see man...Thats sweet you live downtown now. By chance at the apartments/condos right across from player parking/exit/entrance? My lawyer was going to live in those but chose to live in a house instead.

I'm hoping to get some tickets for next weeks series with the Nationals and to actually go to get Harper or Strasbug. I get pretty lucky on the visitors side when I go so you never know. After the game it is a crap shoot but I got Rollins, Kemp & Fielder luckily last year in player parking.

Have fun at the games when you get to go :cool:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I see man...Thats sweet you live downtown now. By chance at the apartments/condos right across from player parking/exit/entrance? My lawyer was going to live in those but chose to live in a house instead.

I'm hoping to get some tickets for next weeks series with the Nationals and to actually go to get Harper or Strasbug. I get pretty lucky on the visitors side when I go so you never know. After the game it is a crap shoot but I got Rollins, Kemp & Fielder luckily last year in player parking

Have fun at the games when you get to go :cool:

Thanks man you too!

:D

I wish I lived that close! Im on 18th St and Washington now, basically.

I can still catch the bus over there if I dont feel like driving!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ

I don't blame you man, every single time I go to a game, I swear I get stuck next to some complete idiot and sometimes I'm just ready to turn around and shut them up myself.
Got to love the people who go to D-backs games. I really can't stand the ones that only show up for playoffs games and make it more complicated for those of us who stick with the team all year.

Cliff Lee would've been nice but obviously no way we could afford that commitment.

Members online

Latest posts