Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Special thanks to Boomo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
A couple weeks ago I posted an add from craigslist that I knew I couldnt afford, but hoped someone on here could get a deal on it. Boomo ended up acquiring it last week and I had jokingly said feel free to send me some freebies/ finders fee. well today I received this in the mail, it was one if not my favorite card I used to have but ended up having to sell due to tough times.

IMG_3184.jpg

thanks for the awesome card and awesome gesture, I hope you do very well with the lot.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I'm surprised he did not send you a t-shirt with ebay store on it and a business card, plus ask you to post a photo of you, in said t-shirt holding said business card on here for sending that to you.

Oh and nice card to get out of the deal

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Nice gesture. But is it out of line to hope that boomo loses out on that purchase, since he likes to openly hope the same for other people who buy things?

im not sure when i ever said i wanted any one person to lose money, i never want that.
yes i have wanted certain prospects to fail, but it isnt personal to anyone who collects
that particular person. In the end its all just boomo hot air, ive helped enough people that
everyone knows i dont want any bad for my fellow fcb'ers

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I must have missed where Matt said he wanted a prospect to fail. I mean who really cares? If a prospect fails and you have a bunch of his stuff, you either waited too long to sell or just never should have invested in him in the first place.

Matt is good people though, and sending the Reggie was a nice gesture. He most certainly didn't have to send it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I must have missed where Matt said he wanted a prospect to fail. I mean who really cares? If a prospect fails and you have a bunch of his stuff, you either waited too long to sell or just never should have invested in him in the first place.

Matt is good people though, and sending the Reggie was a nice gesture. He most certainly didn't have to send it.

boomo - "...but its more about seeing stupid people paying 5 figures for baseball cards
getting screwed over." "...which means people buying at those prices and driving case prices and pack ripping
up are f**king morons, and i love to see those people get screwed."

I have no problem with boomo personally, he has opinions just like we all do and I respect that. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or anything like that. But when you make statements like these, you certainly leave yourself open for criticism when you also buy things in hopes of making a profit. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
boomo - "...but its more about seeing stupid people paying 5 figures for baseball cards
getting screwed over." "...which means people buying at those prices and driving case prices and pack ripping

I have no problem with boomo personally, he has opinions just like we all do and I respect that. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or anything like that. But when you make statements like these, you certainly leave yourself open for criticism when you also buy things in hopes of making a profit. Just sayin'.

Did you even really have to post this? What do you get out of it besides an ego stroke? He did a nice gesture as he has done countless times. We all, in the heat of the moment say things that we regret but certainly do not live by those chosen words.

Dude, quit looking for a fight and just appreciate the generosity.

~Patiently waiting your overly emotional response!~

boomo

Sep 14, 2008

yeah, i deff can have a caustic mouth, but its just a rant,
in the end i think im an ok person.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Nice gesture. But is it out of line to hope that boomo loses out on that purchase, since he likes to openly hope the same for other people who buy things?

I think you can hope whatever you want for whatever reasons, but I do think it is out of line for you to post your issues for whatever reasons within my post, where I'm trying to thank him for an awesome gesture that he honestly did not have to do. thanks again boomo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts