Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Question forthose in the know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Seller have cards I need with NO Best Offer but with BIN. BIN is 5% less than BV. I've seen the same two cards listed the last three months. I decided to send an offer. After a couple going back and forth, he says, hit the BIN and I will adjust the invoice. Like a dummy, I did the BIN and wait for his "adjusted" invoice. He sends me a PM through eBay that he can not adjust the invoice anymore and I should just pay him the full amount and he will refund me the difference of $46. Seller have 330+ feedback (100%).
For those who know:
1. What happens if he don't send the refund?
2. Do I have a claim through Paypal to get the $46 back?
I need the cards (both serial #'d to 50) for PC but not willing to pay the extra $46. I have not paid yet but it's been two days and I'm sure the NPB is just around the corner. any help?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
That happened to me a long time ago...I could not offer a discount of more that $5.00. I was thinking that I could add an adjustment (on the invoice I thought I could add -$20) the guy just paid me and I sent the refund money with the card.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
1) Why didnt you ask the seller lower his BIN price? A seller can adjust the price. Seems pretty stupid to me that the seller is willing to pay the FVF on the full BIN price and refund you $46.

2) Not that any seller would do this, but I guess it never hurts to ask if you are leery of sending the extra $46, ask the seller to paypal you $23 in advance of you paying the full invoice amount, if they agree to this you then pay the entire invoiced amount, and then they refund you the other $23 after they receive your payment? Just a thought at trying to keep both parties honest.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Thanks for the info Gwynn. At least I know it's possible to get a refund. Just throwing another question out there. Would you rather take the NPB hit or take a chance for $46. This might be two hits though because it's two different auctions.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Musial - I actually asked him to lower it down. He said something about it's harder to do than just refunding me the money. I never sold on eBay so I don't really know how hard that is.
I suppose I can try your suggestion and see what he says. As of last night, he sent me a message (eBay) convincing me that I should pay him soon.
"PLEASE PAY ASAP SO THAT WE CAN CLOSE THE DEAL AND I CAN SHIP. PAY THE FULL INVOICE AMOUNT AND I WILL REFUND TO YOU THE $46 DIFFERENCE. SORRY FOR THE DELAY AND HASSLE BUT LETS GET IT DONE.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
It would take him anywhere between 2 and 10 seconds to change the BIN price depending on how fast he clicks and types.

Probably less time than it took me to type this reply anyway

Members online

Latest posts