Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Rose discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yeah, but I think for $30 its a nice buy with the chance at some Rose memorabilia

- PETE ROSE SIGNED MEMORABILIA (including SIGNED BATS, JERSEYS, BASEBALLS AND RARE INSCRIPTION BASEBALLS)

Hey Andrew
Do you have the odds of pulling the memorabilia ?

won't these sticker autos kill the value of the previous Pete Rose auto?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Hey Andrew
Do you have the odds of pulling the memorabilia ?

won't these sticker autos kill the value of the previous Pete Rose auto?

Isn't that the MO of Leaf/Razor?

Put out another product that kills the value of the product we previously produced?

I thought the official word was that the Pete Rose set last year was a one time only thing.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Isn't that the MO of Leaf/Razor?

Put out another product that kills the value of the product we previously produced?

I thought the official word was that the Pete Rose set last year was a one time only thing.

Successful_troll.jpg

Sorry but this is a legitimate question....

I purchased quite a bit of the Leaf Pete Rose product based on that this was going to be the only product, no Leaf Metal Rose etc......
I was a little upset when BG put a Pete Rose in his gift pack from the 12 Vegas Industry Summit but I accepted it as maybe BG had leftover on card autos and this wasn't really that much of a big deal.
But this product with sticker autos in every blaster box will definately screw up the value of the previous Rose cards
After all the Leaf/Razor products that I purchased over the past years this is probably the last straw for me to purchase any more of his stuff...
I am really disappointed with this latest cash grab Brian:(

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I dont think this will hurt the other autos. These will all be stickers. We know everyone would rather have oncard and that is what the other Rose set is. All on card.

But cant the same be said for every set that Topps puts out. Sticker autos in this product, on card in this product, with the same person.

First Andrew.. I'm sorry if I derailed your thread
You're right about Topps which is why I buy very little of, but Leaf told us if I'm not mistaken that it was going to be the only rose product made.

Is there any odds posted as to the memorabilia cards?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I dont think this will hurt the other autos. These will all be stickers. We know everyone would rather have oncard and that is what the other Rose set is. All on card.

But cant the same be said for every set that Topps puts out. Sticker autos in this product, on card in this product, with the same person.

I can say a lot of negative things about Topps - I have and I will continue to do so - but they've never flat out lied about a subject never being used again and then using that subject again.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I can say a lot of negative things about Topps - I have and I will continue to do so - but they've never flat out lied about a subject never being used again and then using that subject again.

Mickey Mantle #7, wasnt that card #7 retired by Topps?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I don't know what you're talking about, but a card number vs. another entire product seems a little like apples and oranges.

It'd be like Topps proclaiming - BUY 2013 BOWMAN with CHROME! You'll NEVER SEE THESE EXCLUSIVE Bowman PROSPECTS IN ANY CHROME FORM EVER! And then... 2013 Bowman Chrome features the 2013 Bowman class.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Anyone that even acts suprised by Leaf's underhanded way of doing business at this point - shame on you!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, this was not a planned set when the initial set was released. Doesn't make the issue go away, just an observation.

And really, the best part of the previous Rose set was the vast array of inscriptions. The plain Rose autographs didn't retain much premium.

The card stock of this should represent the price point.

Regardless, if anyone bought anything autographed by Pete Rose and didn't expect the market to eventually be saturated...this is par for the Rose course.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Pete Rose fans get paid. Nice way for collectors to get a cert auto on the cheap. Look at all the products you pay 3 or 4 times more and your lucky to pull a couple $1 jersey cards.
But no let's all have a pity party and bash Leaf for offering such nice value in a box, because Pete Rose has signed too many cards. Blah Blah Blah. Props to Leaf for giving value to collectors.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Here's the point.

Here's you -- completely missing it.

Leaf stated that the Rose product was a one time thing - no Rose Metal - no Rose Valiant - no Rose anything else.

They lied.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I buy a lot of Leaf products, but agree that this set is a bad call on their part. More Rose autos out there WILL hurt the other set's value. Bad form Leaf. Not cool at all.

Members online

Latest posts