Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on the eBay free listings: specifically store owners with GTC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
On the 19th I noticed a couple of my items relisted for free, I checked again today and a bunch more were relisted but I was charged the .05 per card.

What are you guys seeing?

Shouldn't they be free? Up to 10,000 a month

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Called eBay, didn't think I would get through that fast

GTC you need to end your listing and relist it.

So, I don't want all my stuff ending on the same day, I will be ending everything within 24 hours every day for a month and relist it at the same time.

Probably worth saving the money even though it is a hassle that should be easily taken care of by eBay

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Called eBay, didn't think I would get through that fast

GTC you need to end your listing and relist it.

So, I don't want all my stuff ending on the same day, I will be ending everything within 24 hours every day for a month and relist it at the same time.

Probably worth saving the money even though it is a hassle that should be easily taken care of by eBay

Thanks for this....:cool:

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
not to sound stupid but why are they free? Am I paying money I don't need to pay? I have a premium store and pay 5 cents a listing.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
not to sound stupid but why are they free? Am I paying money I don't need to pay? I have a premium store and pay 5 cents a listing.

All sellers in the sports mem category get free listings until december 31st. As a store owner we get 10,000 a month but to get that you have to either list it in that time or relist it. I have around 1,000 listings up right now so that saves me $50 a month so pretty much a no brainer.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
I'm freaking out. I've got 1000 items a month too. I googled it after I replied and found the info. Super excited for this but stinks that I have to end all my current listings. That's fine though, I'm going to list a bunch of junk I wouldn't normally list.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I'm freaking out. I've got 1000 items a month too. I googled it after I replied and found the info. Super excited for this but stinks that I have to end all my current listings. That's fine though, I'm going to list a bunch of junk I wouldn't normally list.

Ya, I debated ending them all at once and relisting all at once. Decided to just do the ones within a 24 hour span each day to keep my sanity.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
It's not "hard" to end them and relist them all, wouldn't take too long and I think I'd be more likely to stay sane that way, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn't have all my stuff on the same schedule. I don't know why, with GTC it doesn't make a difference, but I do feel that way.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
It's not "hard" to end them and relist them all, wouldn't take too long and I think I'd be more likely to stay sane that way, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn't have all my stuff on the same schedule. I don't know why, with GTC it doesn't make a difference, but I do feel that way.

That's how I felt. I like having stuff ending daily and listed daily haha

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
Me too but why is that? It's strange and with GTC it doesn't make any sense. Plus since I'm always listing and always selling it'll probably balance itself out in a month or so

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
I think he means that he likes having a situation where some auctions start every day and some auctions end every day.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I am helping out one of the local card shops this week with his eBay store. I ended his 2,000 listing and relisted them all. One thing I didn't think of before that I noticed right away were some immediate sales because they were "brand new" listings. I am going to see how many sell by tomorrow morning to see if I will end them all and relist them all at once or do what I was originally planning to do.

Members online

Latest posts