Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CHECK OUT MY PORCELLO STASH--WITH A QUESTION/OPINIONS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Ok, so this is two fold. I have been amounting quite the Porcello Stash, maybe not the best, because I know a lot of people are after him, but this is what I have picked up so far....

Aflac RC AUTO (x10)
Chrome GOLD REF (x2)
Chrome Blue REF (x3)
Chrome XFractor (x6)
Chrome Refractor (x15)
Contenders RC AUTO (x5)
Elite RC AUTO (x30)
Prime Cuts RC AUTO (x5)
Leaf Limited RC AUTO (x6)
Threads Letter RC AUTO P, C, L
Threads RC AUTO (x3)

My question is this, what are the chances this guy makes a huge splash this year, or are these something I need to hold for 2-3 years??? Is a callup to Detroit by the end of the year possible. I know the kid is good, but I have never seen him pitch, and really dont know any more than just what I have read........is this a hold until prices have raised a bit and then sell, just sell now, or just plan on holding for a while.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
honestly, a call up at the end of the season isnt out of the question, but i think it will be closer to 2010 until he really steps up and is a real member of the tigers pitching staff. this is just my opinion

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Ok, so this is two fold. I have been amounting quite the Porcello Stash, maybe not the best, because I know a lot of people are after him, but this is what I have picked up so far....

Aflac RC AUTO (x10)
Chrome GOLD REF (x2)
Chrome Blue REF (x3)
Chrome XFractor (x6)
Chrome Refractor (x15)
Contenders RC AUTO (x5)
Elite RC AUTO (x30)
Prime Cuts RC AUTO (x5)
Leaf Limited RC AUTO (x6)
Threads Letter RC AUTO P, C, L
Threads RC AUTO (x3)

My question is this, what are the chances this guy makes a huge splash this year, or are these something I need to hold for 2-3 years??? Is a callup to Detroit by the end of the year possible. I know the kid is good, but I have never seen him pitch, and really dont know any more than just what I have read........is this a hold until prices have raised a bit and then sell, just sell now, or just plan on holding for a while.

Sell before opening day.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
abncollectsautos said:
honestly, a call up at the end of the season isnt out of the question, but i think it will be closer to 2010 until he really steps up and is a real member of the tigers pitching staff. this is just my opinion

That is what I thought too....I figured at least one FULL year in the minors....I know for card prices that really doesnt matter all too much because if he tears up the minors, his cards will still jump.

I cant wait to see this kid pitch in the higher minor league levels...

TK

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
prospector93 said:
Why buy all that stuff if you have never seen him pitch or dont know when to sell?

I think you misinterpreted my post....I know plenty about him, I am looking for an overall consesus. I am not an idiot, I would not prospect someone I dont know anything about....

Thanks for the response about nothing I asked about though...

TK

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
pujolsthomefan33 said:
abncollectsautos said:

That is what I thought too....I figured at least one FULL year in the minors....I know for card prices that really doesnt matter all too much because if he tears up the minors, his cards will still jump.

TK

according to the buzz going around he is a special kid and will be very good, granted they dont hurry him along to fast and ruin his arm like the cubs did prior

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
abncollectsautos said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
abncollectsautos said:

TK

according to the buzz going around he is a special kid and will be very good, granted they dont hurry him along to fast and ruin his arm like the cubs did prior

Yeah, but I think the pitching staff is good enough they dont need to hurry him.......but I agree, it was hard for me to talk myself into collecting a pitcher...

TK

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
pujolsthomefan33 said:
abncollectsautos said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
abncollectsautos said:

TK

Yeah, but I think the pitching staff is good enough they dont need to hurry him.......but I agree, it was hard for me to talk myself into collecting a pitcher...

TK

its all good man, dont listen to anyone else. once you pick someone stick with them for awhile, i have with wes hodges and havenearly 200 autos. you got a nice collection, who cares what theses non player collectors think. porcello will be good and when he is you will be holding all his stuff

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I have heard some good things about Hodges......

he is a decent prospect, much better than laporta who he played with last season. porcello might have a brighter future at this moment. i dont think hodges is going to make it this season

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
You bought all of this when his prices are sky high, I don't know how you would ever make any money on it...the
guy would have to throw 3 no hitters and what are the odds of that? He also plays on a bad team.

Good Luck with it!

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:
You bought all of this when his prices are sky high, I don't know how you would ever make any money on it...the
guy would have to throw 3 no hitters and what are the odds of that? He also plays on a bad team.

Good Luck with it!

I disagree that his prices are sky high....in fact they are mostly lower than when they came out.....and with the case of his Contenders, I am already up......

But, you could be right, if he falls on his face, they will go way down. All indications are he wont, but that is part of the gamble...

TK

prospector93

Feb 17, 2009
pujolsthomefan33 said:
prospector93 said:
Why buy all that stuff if you have never seen him pitch or dont know when to sell?

I think you misinterpreted my post....I know plenty about him, I am looking for an overall consesus. I am not an idiot, I would not prospect someone I dont know anything about....

TK

Actually buddy you said you have never seen him pitch before as well as saying you know a lot of other people are chasing him as well. And then you ask when to sell or what to expect this year. Which is all related to what I said.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
prospector93 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
prospector93 said:

TK

Actually buddy you said you have never seen him pitch before as well as saying you know a lot of other people are chasing him as well. And then you ask when to sell or what to expect this year. Which is all related to what I said.

No I have not seen him pitch live...dont get a chance to watch too many High School pitchers pitch, lol. I was looking for a consensus as to if people think he has a shot at Detroit this year, or 2010 or later. I didnt think my post was confusing, but rereading it I can see where you think that I was clueless and just buying up all the Porcellos out there....

TK

prospector93

Feb 17, 2009
Okay after reading what you have said it makes a little more sense to me. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just wondering why spend huge amounts of money with little knowledge about the guy. Know what I mean?

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
prospector93 said:
Okay after reading what you have said it makes a little more sense to me. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just wondering why spend huge amounts of money with little knowledge about the guy. Know what I mean?

Yes I do, but I would assume most people know me better than that....LOL....either way, I still probably dont know as much as some people do, especially people that know him, seen him pitch live, have in depth knowledge of the Detroit Tigers etc....that is what I was looking for.

TK

nv729

Aug 11, 2008
I would want to see him pitch in person at least once, and probably a few times, before amassing that much of a stash. Short videos and scouting reports are nice if you want to spend a few hundred dollars, but for the amount you bought, I would make it a priority to see him play a few times. Good luck.

ROLLTIDE4LIFE

Sep 10, 2008
I understand what you are doing we all do it on here too. the answer is yes you have a nice stash of one of the best prospects in all of baseball. Do not belittle us by acting like you won't know when to sell. This is clearly a brag post about a stash. People hear and everywhere else for that matter appreciate when people tell things for what they are without being mislead.

By the way sick sick stash. The kids got amazing potential. I prefer hitters but am still envious of your stash.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
schmidtfan20 said:

Good Luck with it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta laugh at this one.

Members online

Latest posts