Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Ripken Holy Grail Has Landed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
HUGE pickup! Congrats. I love seeing a pickup thread where you know the card went to a collector and it won't be flipped because there's an extra $20 to be made.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Wow, congrats. I heard that was the toughest Ripken card right?

:rolleyes:
rip.jpg

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
HUGE pickup! Congrats. I love seeing a pickup thread where you know the card went to a collector and it won't be flipped because there's an extra $20 to be made.
Thanks! It really is exciting and I've been looking for one for years. This one isn't going anywhere. These cards were distributed by the Charlotte Police over a short period during the summer of 1980 to kids throughout town. They were issued only 1 or 2 cards at a time and never were offered by the team in complete form. Being that these were intended solely for kids, these are usually found well-worn, with writing or other flaws. I'm just happy to have one and am grateful to a certain board member for the lead.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Awesome card and history to it. I think we got some Dodgers Police cards back in the early 90s and I have no clue what happened to them. Are there any other Ripken Holy Grail cards out there?

Latest posts