Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, case breakers/flippers how did you do on your Leaf Metal cases?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Curious, as sales don't appear incredibly brisk. With Chrome out now and Valiant allegedly coming out in 2 weeks, I can't see sales going up.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I bought 3 boxes from Andrew and had several slots in the first 96 slot case break. I have 5 or so auctions ending in the next few days, but the worst I will do is break even. My best return is always with Leaf products, specifically Metal FB and Army FB.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Haven't run the total numbers yet, but I broke four cases and thus far have only listed colored parallels and the 2 Pujols autos, as well as a Soler /99 (sold for $100) and a handful of other /99 and base. Other than the one Soler /99, my best hits were a David Dahl /5 , Giolito /5, and Zunino /10. Also hit a Buxton /25, a Zunino /25, and Addison Russell /5. No 1/1's besides plates (no real big names there either). Did hit 4 Pete Rose redemptions that redeemed into 14 autos total.

I've sold a bunch of /25 parallels so far between $10-$40 depending on player. These aren't selling as well as I'd like since there r three colors all #ed /25. Though I suppose that's still better than one color #/75.

Getting some interest on my /10 parallels, but most offers are a few $ short of my minimum (looking to get at least $15-$20 for lesser names /10).

Haven't sold the Pujols' yet but they seem to have stabilized at $175 for the /99 version (I have a /99 and /25). I list everything as BIN's or auctions starting at the lowest I will take (based on ebay market prices, sometimes a tad higher), so I've only managed to sell about 1/3 of what I've listed thus far. Base autos of low tier players are only getting $2-$3 a pop, so I won't do well on those when I get around to listing them, but I can probably get $4-$5 a pop for the better names, and $10+ for a few of the top ones.

Overall, I expect to come close to breaking even after fees (maybe make a small profit if the Pete Rose autos sell well), and I'd say I had an average break for 4 cases. Cases are still available around $875, and I could see myself breaking a few more since at just over $9 per auto, it's a fun break where I won't lose my behind in resale value. Of course, if BG had snuck a few Ichiro autos in the product, that would've been even better :D.

Last edited:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Sadly my listings only got up last night. I did have a nice sale on a Zunino Plate at $150 (hope I didn't undersell it, but oh well).

Topps Update and Leaf Metal hitting within 2 days was a little much for me.

Latest posts