Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Chrome: Sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
After opening and seeing opened many, many cases I came to the conclusion that it really is a terrible product. These are my reasons.

1. Way too many crap autos, too many boxes worth 15 bucks max, and that's generous.
2. The extra hits (non prospect auto type) are way too short printed. Come on Topps, why number the futures game patches out of 10? Geeze.
3. The design of the future game patch cards sucks, way too small of a patch.
4. The RC autos again are way to hard to hit.
5. Since the set sucks people are overhyping rookie autos to the point of stupidity. I live near Cincy and people there are not interested in paying 75 bucks for Billy Hamilton so who the XXXX is?
6. Streaky as hell autos for the major hits, really Topps you don't know by know people like good autos and they matter for grading?

Last edited:

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I don't know who ok'd the idea to add value hits but make them almost as hard to hit as a superfractor but that was idiotic.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Topps must be trying to save costs and only giving the players 1 pen for their entire autograph session.

Most of the autos are terribly streaking for some of the top prospects.

See: Jon Singleton - I would be surprised if a 10 auto comes out of the bunch.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Topps must be trying to save costs and only giving the players 1 pen for their entire autograph session.

Most of the autos are terribly streaking for some of the top prospects.

See: Jon Singleton - I would be surprised if a 10 auto comes out of the bunch.

Thanks I will add that to the list of grievances.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I bet they SP the Luck/Griffin/Richardson autos and make them 3 to 5 times harder to pull than base autos.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
What is the deal with players autographs of late? They are signing sloppy huge autographs, that is part of the reason they are so streaky.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm assuming that the issue with streaking autographs is the coating/film on the stock...not the pens.

Or something else during production.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
cmon guys cut topps some slack, they are new at the whole signed chrome cards thing. Give em a few years and they will be ok. Anyone run an auction for
2007 sweet spot autographs recently.....ouch.

Kevin

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I got really lucky to make money in a ten case break.. since I had the Yankees and the Reds.

Seven Tyler Austin autos later (including a purple and two blues).. and three Hamilton autos.. I've made money. But I can't say the same for any of these other guys that bought in.

Basically I got lucky because I picked the right teams and had good draft picks. Otherwise, I would have taken a bath. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have spent a dime on it knowing what came out of those ten cases.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
As I watch the box breaks online it makes me incredibly thankful that I stopped cracking any product 3 years ago.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Frazier Hall said he signed 2,700 autographs for this product. Is that normal ?

Last I heard it was between 2000 and 3000 per. I remember Jeff Frazier told me that he signed over 5 thousand stickers for Donruss at about $2 per sticker. He said every page was a nice steak and lobster meal.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Last I heard it was between 2000 and 3000 per. I remember Jeff Frazier told me that he signed over 5 thousand stickers for Donruss at about $2 per sticker. He said every page was a nice steak and lobster meal.

There is no way they paid him 2 bucks a sticker. Maybe a dime a sticker, probably less.

Members online

Latest posts