Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yanks donate 500k for sandy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Pathetic.
The richest team in baseball that calls NY its home donated only 5x more than Chelsea Handler (a NJ native) donated on her own.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Pathetic.
The richest team in baseball that calls NY its home donated only 5x more than Chelsea Handler donated on her own.

Was waiting for someone to chime in w that. Congrats its u.

did u consider they gave half of what the ENTIRE nfl (and nba) gave?

Also waiting on the mets, especially considering that queens/LI were badly badly hit, far worse than the bronx.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Pathetic.
The richest team in baseball that calls NY its home donated only 5x more than Chelsea Handler (a NJ native) donated on her own.
You're complaining about a team donating half a million dollars to help victims? Seriously? Who cares how rich the Yankees are. They're not entitled to give anything, but they did it anyway. And as someone above wrote, it's half of what the entire NFL donated.
Don't be such a Yankee hating dick.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
You took an awesome gesture and turned it into a petty pissing match with the Mets

Get a life

I am glad they gave the money, but cmon on? They are worth over a billion dollars, and yet only give 5K

Oh by the way the NFL did give $1 million...nice but still very cheap.

I know they didnt HAVE to give the money, but if every athlete gave $1 million, we could and would be alot better off.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I am glad they gave the money, but cmon on? They are worth over a billion dollars, and yet only give 5K

I know they didnt HAVE to give the money, but if every athlete gave $1 million, we could and would be alot better off.

When did 500k turn into 5k?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Pathetic.

Actually your comment is pathetic. It's $500,000 that wasn't there before.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

There are hundreds of multi-millionaires in the US alone. How come they are cheap or scumbags for donating? Is Bill Gates, Warren Buffet or Mark Zuckerberg ******** for not donating (sorry if they have, I don't know, just trying to make a point).

Is the common American cheap if they donate $50 yet they have $50,000 in their bank account?

Bottom line it was a generous donation by the Yankees.

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
500k is a lot of money, this was a great gesture by the Yanks.

We also have to remember this is an emergency relief situation. I'm sure the Yankees, and all other major sports teams regularly donate their time and money to charities throughout the year.

Hopefully some other organizations follow suit. Whatever the amount, helping is helping.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

You think that every athlete has 1 million to donate?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
There are hundreds of multi-millionaires in the US alone. How come they are cheap or scumbags for donating? Is Bill Gates, Warren Buffet or Mark Zuckerberg ******** for not donating (sorry if they have, I don't know, just trying to make a point).

Donating is evil. Millionares only give away their money to lower their tax rate!

MSNBC told me so.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
You think that every athlete has 1 million to donate?

It said Yanks organization, not players.

Buffet and Gates donate hundreds of millions every year. Buffet has some plan to donate everything he's worth by the time he dies.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
how did Citi Field and Yankee Stadium fare after the storm? Any damage or were they pretty well built to withstand winds and possible flooding?

Members online

Latest posts