Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blue Wave Refractors Coming to Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Probably not in the way that most hopes.

Topps released the info today that Topps Chrome would have redemptions in it. But they decided to sweeten the redemption cards by adding a pack of blue wave refractors with each redemption code. I understand that sometimes redemptions can't be helped. I guess if you are going to have them, at least make your collector happy by tossing in extras.

One of the most anticipated products of the year, 2012 Topps Chrome Football, is set to hit shelves next Friday November 9th! This years hobby product promises to be one of the best ever, loaded with on-card autographs, autographed patch cards, dual autographe and triple autographed cards! In addition the uber popular '65 Tall Boys, the iconic '84 design and classic 1957 card have all been chromed and signed on card! Topps Chrome is driven by rookies and this years rookie class have been outstanding, this products subject list is loaded (see attached subject list) and top rookies including RG3, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Brandon Weeden, Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright and many others have all already hard signed their Chrome cards and they look great!

We have made a huge effort on this years Topps Chrome FB to focus on on-card autographs, while we have secured the majority of players and the top rookies to sign on-card, we have struggled to have all players sign in timely manner. As a result this years Topps Chrome FB in the hobby will include a higher percentage of redemptions vs. what we typically would like, the following rookies will be signing shortly but will all be redemptions in Topps Chrome Football Dwayne Allen, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce, Russell Wilson, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, Matt Kalil

For those collectors receiving a redemption card of these subjects, we have created a special bonus pack for you that you will receive when your autograph is returned. Each redeemed autograph will be accompanied with a 4 card pack of exclusive Topps Chrome Football Blue Wave Refractor Rookie Parallels. There are 110 different rookie cards in all including 10 new subjects that are not found in the base product including Alfred Morris, Josh Gordon, Daryl Richardson, Brandon Bolden, Bobby Wagner, Vontaze Burfict, Jorvorskie Lane, Greg Zuerlein, K, Joseph Morgan, Rod Streater, Bryce Brown and Damaris Johnson, In addition, we will also randomly insert special autographed Topps Chrome rookie cards of standout Redskins running back Alfred Morris into these packs , these autos are not found in the base Topps Chrome product, late breaking deal allowed us to add to these special redemption packs!

Over the next few days until launch we will be sending out daily emails caputring all the amazing content and hits that will be included in this years Topps Chrome Football! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter as well for more previews of all the amazing content in this years Topps Chrome FB!

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
With the additional blue wave pack (and possibility for Alfred Morris Auto in the pack) these redemptions may end up selling for more then some of the other live rookies. It may be one of the few times people who don't hit a Luck, RGIII, Trent or DMart will be cheering and hoping for redemptions.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How can this product be so late yet still have redemptions...actually from what topps is saying there are a ton of redemptions. Blue wave packs are nice, but if these ship at the same time the actual cards ship, then these might not ship until next season.....by then no one will care. Not worth the wait.

Kevin

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
How can this product be so late yet still have redemptions...actually from what topps is saying there are a ton of redemptions. Blue wave packs are nice, but if these ship at the same time the actual cards ship, then these might not ship until next season.....by then no one will care. Not worth the wait.

Kevin

thats why you sell the redemptions and get the premium for those wanting now.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
thats why you sell the redemptions and get the premium for those wanting now.

of course, duh, but don't we all get sick of that great pull and it comes as a redemption? How many Bryce autos did we have to suffer through this season? For those in it not just for the money, wouldn't it be nice to look at the actual card and decide by the look of it if it's a keeper or not? Not to mention you are not going to get top dollar on a redemption.

Topps just made a post on facebook of some cards and they look REALLY NICE! It looks like a large portion of this product is sticker auto, but those that aren't
are just sick. I was hoping they didn't water down retail, nothing I have seen so far makes me want to go out and buy it. It also appears early that many of the cards are cut 80/20 top to bottom. Let's hope that is an isolated case!

Kevin

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
its against the law to say it, but I'm gonna break it by saying....

THANKS LEAF!

I really think topps got the idea from leaf.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
topps listed what players were redemptions, it didn't look like a lot of player and really Wilson was the only star on the list. I can see these redemptions doing
very well no matter who it is for.

Kevin

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
There needs to be more incentive for people holding redemptions. This is a step in the right direction, although why not just send the pack as soon as the redemption is received?

Members online

Latest posts