Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Orioles should go hard after Melky Cabrera...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
No one is going to give him a long term contract or tons of money. The Orioles two weakest positions right now are 2B and LF. I think the Orioles should offer him 2 years and compete with the money that any team out there is giving him.

He may be looking for a 1 year deal just to restore his "dignity" but I think he would take a 2 year deal. He could be our #2 hitter behind Markakis and we could have 2 guys with an OBP above .375....I still think he could be a .300 hitter. Plus he's played in the division before. He's not a good of a defender as McLouth but LF is the least defensive outfield position of the three and he's no Pat Burrell.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Totally agree. That would be a solid move with him having to restore his name in baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'm not sure how good Melky is without the juice, so its hard to say exactly.

I only know he wasn't great before KC, was bad in ATL and that he's currently in his prime years of production.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm not sure how good Melky is without the juice, so its hard to say exactly.

I only know he wasn't great before KC, was bad in ATL and that he's currently in his prime years of production.

I think Melky off the juice would be a massive upgrade over what we were throwing out there in 2012. McLouth was great in his short stretch but it's absurd to think he's our starting LF for the next couple years.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Can you imagine how far mark Reynolds could hit the ball on the juice?

Rephrase can you imagine how far mark Reynolds could hit the ball every 79 swings on the juice?

Hahaha....I'm so torn on whether I want the Orioles to bring him back. He's so streaky and strikeouts way too much but he can take a walk and plans a damn good 1B defensively. And when he's on fire, watch out.

Members online

Latest posts