Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chicago Sun-Times Card Show - UPDATED WITH PICTURES AND STORY OF MEETING RICKEY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
The main reason I am going is to meet Rickey. I would however love to knock at least one card off my want list below. 99% sure it won't be a Chong, but any of the others I should be able to afford. Is there a cartain dealer I should look for or what would be my best game plan? Anyone else going? Whenever the National is back there, I'll probably go too. I remember hitting up the National in LA around 1998? and meeting some of the dealers from eBay. They were surprised to find a 15 year was behind the account buying their cards.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
You'll just have to wander the tables and look - pretty easy to distinguish the vintage from the modern dealers. Off your want list, the 93 Finest Ref. would probably be the one I'd think you'd find the easiest.

I'm going all day Sunday. I'll be looking for any Grace or Zimmer I don't have, but will probably have more luck working on my 1972 Topps set needs, or maybe a new vintage Rabbit Maranville. Never know what you'll find at a large show like this.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm heading there Friday, and maybe again on the Saturday or Sunday.

No clue what I'll be looking for...like usual.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I was thinking a 93 Ref would be coming home with me. Wouldn't mind knocking 93 and 94 off. I may head there Saturday before I can check into my hotel and before my family meets me there. 96 FPP or AP would be stellar!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
any of you guys attending happen across any low numbered canseco cards in your digging.. I'm your man!

canseco_test.jpg

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Really wish I could be there this weekend as friends have an annual Saturday before Thanksgiving poker game that makes it a long fun day. At least I have a good excuse for missing the show this year. We have tix to Michigan against Iowa on Saturday and then the Lions/Packers game on Sunday.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Really wish I could be there this weekend as friends have an annual Saturday before Thanksgiving poker game that makes it a long fun day. At least I have a good excuse for missing the show this year. We have tix to Michigan against Iowa on Saturday and then the Lions/Packers game on Sunday.

Watching Iowa get stomped isn't a good excuse (I'm from Iowa City), this show will be a lot more fun!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If anyone see's any rarer JJ's, think of your favorite northern Minnesotan Amish fella.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Looks like JJ will not be there this weekend if the trade goes thru, since he will be updating his passport, before then

All he'd need is a current passport that isn't expired. That's all you need to get into Canada. That and a 5 gallon pail of Vermont Maple Syrup and a Rush record ...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Sun-Times Card Show

I'll be setup right across from Beckett with tons of cash to spend!!!!

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
If anyone sees these cards, I will pay handsomely:

2002 Donruss Originals Sammy Sosa Power Alley Die Cut #'d to 100
2002 Donruss Originals Sammy Sosa Making History Materials - Game Used Base #'d to 100

1980 Chicago Sun Times Newspaper insert - Dave Kingman and Lee Smith
1984 Sun Times and Tribune Newspaper inserts - Lee Smith

Any low numbered insert or auto of Lee Smith and Dave Kingman in a Cub's uni

Members online

Latest posts