Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox favorites to sign Shane Victorino

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Short term deals though. they are willing to spend on certain players but no long term contracts.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
I think $25M/year over 3 years invested in Victorino and Napoli is a wise choice over Gonzalez and Crawford, for $15M more per year and 2 times longer.
and they have another $15M/year over 2 years of Josh Beckett's salary in their pocket.

They haven't resigned Cody Ross yet.

They still need a major league SS! I want to see jacoby roaming center for another decade plus. If that cant happen they better get a young SS who is active mlb or ready in return.

If they trade ellsbury on the cheap to resign Cody Ross or to sign nick swisher I will literally XXXX my pants! If swisher ends up in Boston period I will have a hard time wishing success on him!

I will be amazed if they pull out of the cellar in the east in the next 4 years. Everyone around them is getting better and Boston? Well they are getting averager!

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
They haven't resigned Cody Ross yet.

Everyone around them is getting better and Boston? Well they are getting averager!

who....the blue jays..that's really it. Baltimore and NY havent done anything yet. umm last I looked, signing those players make them better then they were at the end of last yr..so they are getting better.
Swisher is a great player and if he lands in Boston..then I wish him all the best. I have a feeling that he would do great in Boston...but in the end dont see it happening.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Victorino/Napoli is 70M over 3 years. Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett was $250M over 7 years

I wasn't confused with Beckett leaving, that made sense. But Agone and Crawford are 2x the players/hitters that Victorino and Napoli are. If you are going to shell out $13 million for mediocre hitters, why not $20 million for elite hitters?

You either commit or rebuild. Otherwise you are just teetering in the middle for 10-15 years.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Ouch that tells me they are shopping jacoby.

I do not like shane victorino! At least I liked Napoli and Gomes..

This team has no real direction and they appear to be signing players just so the fans don't tear down Fenway and turn it into a parking lot for the marathon!

Yup, that's exactly what it is. I see them winning 80-85 games the next couple years and not much more than that.

who....the blue jays..that's really it. Baltimore and NY havent done anything yet. umm last I looked, signing those players make them better then they were at the end of last yr..so they are getting better.
Swisher is a great player and if he lands in Boston..then I wish him all the best. I have a feeling that he would do great in Boston...but in the end dont see it happening.

I didn't mean just better this season. I mean the big picture the other al east teams do what it takes to win. Boston? They go all miami marlins and cut payroll then fill the holes with stop gaps. Id rather have beckett, loney, crawford, and gonzalez and ride them till they are smooth than what im seeing now. If being better than the end of last year is our goal.. Well I'm sorry we are Red Sox fans.

We certainly disagree on nick swisher.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Id rather have beckett, loney, crawford, and gonzalez and ride them till they are smooth than what im seeing now.

Gonzalez was the only thing decent out of those players. Loney / Crawford?? Seriously?
I like the team they are trying to put together...they just need to get Brian Wilson and another starter 1st.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I never thought I'd see the day where possibly the Red Sox and Yankees could finish 4th and 5th in the AL East. Blue Jays and Rays are looking like mighty fine contenders right now.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Gonzalez was the only thing decent out of those players. Loney / Crawford?? Seriously?
I like the team they are trying to put together...they just need to get Brian Wilson and another starter 1st.

I'd rather have a mediocre Carl Crawford than an above average Victorino. And I'm a Victorino fan. Crawford could easily return to his Rays form...hit .300, OPS of .850, steal 40-50 bases, score 100 runs.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'd rather have a mediocre Carl Crawford than an above average Victorino. And I'm a Victorino fan. Crawford could easily return to his Rays form...hit .300, OPS of .850, steal 40-50 bases, score 100 runs.

Sox already had a year of mediocre Crawford, and every Red Sox fan hated it. I think the odds of Victorino returning to form are better than Crawford at this point; by the time Crawford is ready to play in LA, he'll have missed nearly a year and a half after TJ surgery and other injuries. Leaving TB is looking like the worst thing Crawford could have done for his career.

we hated crawford because they paid him the moon and he didnt produce. quick fix was produce.. but at least we knew where his peak was. at 50% of his high we still had a hell of a 1 or 9 hole hitter. victorino.. his attributes at 100% are less than a 50% crawford. here is what im thinking opening day is going to look like.. i dont see a strong team or a team that will compete. id love to be wrong and eat my words.. buuuuuuuut

sp lester
c lavarnway/ross/saltalamacchia
1b napoli
2b pedroia
ss iglesias
3b middlebrooks
lf gomes
cf ellsbury
rf victorino
dh ortiz

Members online

Latest posts