Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Really digging National Treasures Baseball.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Still have to wait and read the official release and wait and see at least a couple of box breaks before I even think to take the plunge but I have to say these cards look really nice. Love the basic design and look. Just worried it will be loaded with prospects or no name rookies. Looks promising though. Wonder what the price point will be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Looks nice, but I can't stand that silhouette over the patches/bats. It's real cool when they did it with an actual player picture in Crown Royale basketball, but this generic silhouette just kind of gets in the way.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Looks nice, but I can't stand that silhouette over the patches/bats. It's real cool when they did it with an actual player picture in Crown Royale basketball, but this generic silhouette just kind of gets in the way.

Agreed

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Nice looking cards, but they should have made the whole jumbo patch auto set like the rated rookie ones.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Definitely agree about the cropping. Much prefer that than airbrushing. Also agree about the silhouette over the patch but can live with it. Anyone know what the usual breakdown of the product is in terms of price, cards per pack, packs per box, type of cards per pack/box (base, relic, auto, etc)?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Retired player cards are nice, but I see a bunch of rookies.

With Panini, I just know they're going to load up on rookies (sans Bryce Harper) and make the stars hard to come by. And they'll probably MAPP it at $500 a box with 4 hits.

Last edited:

TyCobbSalad

May 26, 2012
Philthadelphia
It'll be another nice high end product. I need to see a checklist before I get too excited about it and obviously the licensing issues kinda hurt the product in my opinion.
Either way, my goal will be a box of NT football, baseball, and basketball this year.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
One thing I don't understand is it seems one advantage the unlicensed companies have over Topps is there is no requirement to have a certain number of active players in their products so why not exploit it. Why not make a product made up entirely of retired players or hall of famer's, especially those who may not have alot of autos. Hopefully that's what National Treasures ends up being.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
One thing I don't understand is it seems one advantage the unlicensed companies have over Topps is there is no requirement to have a certain number of active players in their products so why not exploit it. Why not make a product made up entirely of retired players or hall of famer's, especially those who may not have alot of autos. Hopefully that's what National Treasures ends up being.

They could do that, but they wouldn't be making as much profit if they did. And NT will not be that product.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I suspect the silhouette over the patches might serve the dual purpose of helping keep the patch in the card, and making it more difficult for some scammer to swap patches and re-sell on eBay.

Members online

Latest posts