Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Customer Service is THE WORST...and getting WORSE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I have recently sent in cards for replacement. These cards included all Topps Chrome base RC's of Andrew Luck, RG3, and other RC's from my box. I sent in all necessary info. Box bottom, wrappers, etc. I sent two packages in. The first one had 25 cards. They came back. No explanation. I called and they said to send them to Topps New York. Again, came back with a letter stating the condition they are in are Topps Standards. So sent in the same package TWICE. Nothing done. I called and spoke to a manager named Vincent Carbellano. Not very friendly. Had an attitude. He told me to send the scans via email. Did that on December 11th. I even sent Topps a message on facebook. I called him on Monday as a follow-up and he didn't return my call or email me back. Today I got another package back in the mail that had Topps Prime #/ed Luck and Weeden RC's. Again, no explanation. These cards are chipped and cornered. It seemed that when they were packaged it was all the same corner on the cards. So all in all, three packages sent, nothing done. No response on facebook. I just called them and they said the customer service mailbox was full and I have to call back later. I never had this issue with Topps before. This is BAD business and very poor customer service. It sucks you spend all this money and this crap happens. They even have on their website what to do if you get a damaged card and have the video of the guy explain it to you. Now what is the next step?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Time to be the bad guy.

At some point, a lightbulb should have went on and you should have though "DERP well if it keeps coming back they don't think I'm deserving of replacements because they're withing reasonable expectations of a product."

Every card you pull can't be a gem 10. If you could just replace every card that wasn't, perfect cards wouldn't have a premium and "graded card" would just pertain to how a child is faring in school. There's a reasonable expectation that cards may not be centered off the table. It's also out of Topps hands if they're damaged on the secondary market before they hit your hands, and I can't say I blame them for not wanting to cover for Johnny Dropout stocking shelves at Wal Mart or Lazy Larry who uses a box full of cards to reach the high places at the USPS hub.

Topps has handled it rather poorly though, it sounds. They are definitely terrible about handling CS issues via social media. They should have just sent you a denial letter the first time and saved you the shipping fees and hassle.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Richard Solomon will be working on this now and doing a follow-up. So my point got across and these aren't even PSA 4 or 5's. Not looking for a 10 but want a resolution and I will get it. And I will be updating this after Christmas after Vince gets back from vacation.....

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Have the scans you sent to Topps? Just curious what they look like.

I just throw them away if they have a bad corner or whatever else. If it is a high dollar card I will sell it noting the condition. But I have long given up on redemptions and any other thing that I have to deal with a card company

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Too bad hurriblizzard Sandy didn't sweep Topps into the Atlantic Ocean and we'd be done with them forever.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Richard Solomon will be working on this now and doing a follow-up. So my point got across and these aren't even PSA 4 or 5's. Not looking for a 10 but want a resolution and I will get it. And I will be updating this after Christmas after Vince gets back from vacation.....

Vince is the biggest slacker in the CS Dept, good luck with that!

Members online

Latest posts