Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would it affect card price if a player came out of the closet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
How would it affect card price if a players come out of the closet?

1. Prices go up
2. Prices do down
3. Prices stay the same
4. Depends on which player

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Re: How would it affect card price if a players come out of the closet?

LOL. Nice! It would be interesting for sure. I'm sure when it happens, the Jeter & Arod prices will definitely crash.

A-ooooooo! I think it depends on the player. A minor star or utility guy might actually gain a few player collectors but I could see it hurting values of an established star player. Fringe guy might not effect prices. Who knows, would be interesting to see

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Like it or not the perceived masculinity of professional jocks are important and if a prominent player were to come out in his prime, it would be much more of a problem and distraction than just saying, 'good for him.'

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
For instance a NYC team player announces he will be marrying his partner. I think he might become a hero in that community and have people who are not collectors buying there cards.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
How would it affect card price if a players come out of the closet?

I bet a large % of hobbyists would quit using the term "man crush", or would they?!?!?!?

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Monetarily, tough to say in the short run, but in the long run it would be smart to have a few nice cards of the first MLBer to come out during his playing career.

Members online

Latest posts