Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any of the old Beckett MB guys still around here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Hey y'all. Been out of the game for a while. I used to post as "Andy C." on the Beckett boards about a decade ago. Any of the old prospectors, chrome junkies, idiots, and a-holes from Beckett still around? Miss you guys. Hope everything has been well. I'll post some scans of some cards I've accumulated recently soon.

Off the top of my head...Halfbreed, JP, Jeff Novell, Greg, Sean (schr1st), old Craig Smith, BC Addict, Casey...anyone? Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone...I definitely am forgetting many.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Good to see y'all. Jeff! How goes it? I'm actually in law school (1L) these days in Nashville. Getting into your line of work, lol.

When did the Beckett boards shut down?

lisu, I remember you busting a crapload of wax. Good to see you're still at it.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Purke:Angels.jpg
Always loved BJ. Thought I'd sell this years ago, but I never did. Still maybe my favorite player (along with Mark Reynolds).

McNutt:Harvey.jpg
McNutt...great job flaming out there.

Hood 2.jpg
Hood1-1.jpg

Destin looks like a bust, as well. However, he had a lingering injury all last year and everyone knew that he was among the most raw kids of that draft class. He has no other releases other than Bowman AFLAC...so if he ever amounts to anything, guess I'm cashing in with over half the print run of Razor Golds. Made a similar mistake with Mychal Givens USA Autos (I have SO many of those...darn it).

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
What part of Tennessee brother? I moved to Nashville over the summer. I love the city, man. Any good shops around here with good deals?

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
M.jpg
Happier times...Matt Moore. Waiting for him to get hot again. Have all the faith in the world in this kid. Peripherals were fine even when he was struggling.

Guerr:Snell:Colome.jpg
Can't go wrong with Rays' pitching prospects. System just flat out teaches throwers how to pitch.

1.jpg
Recent big hits from a Bowman Jumbo case. The Harper is a BCDP plate.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
northcutt_fan from BMB. Rarely went over to the baseball side because they were all dicks to the ******* football members :p

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Just outside Nashville in Smyrna, no good shops left but there's a bi-monthly show in Murfreesboro with a great box/case seler out of Kentucky that's there every show except for the Nats weekend. There is a shop "Cards r Fun" in Nashville but not much of a selection & prices waaay too high. In fact I see the owner at the Murfreesboro show picking up product for his store.

Nashville is a great place, really hoping Hockey returns soon. See ya around

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Thanks for the reply, man. Yeah...I really want to check out some Preds games next season. I live in the West near Exit 1 on 440. I might check out the Murfreesboro show at some point if I have the time. With eBay nowadays, though, it seems like I can get my fill of cards off there.

Looking back, my best investment may have been picking up ten Josh Hamilton Chrome RCs at about $10 shipped when he was out of baseball. Then again, I have a weakness for drug-related comeback stories it seems, as I also have about six Jeff Allison PP AU XRCs, which didn't work out at all.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
View attachment 10448
Happier times...Matt Moore. Waiting for him to get hot again. Have all the faith in the world in this kid. Peripherals were fine even when he was struggling.

View attachment 10449
Can't go wrong with Rays' pitching prospects. System just flat out teaches throwers how to pitch.

View attachment 10450
Recent big hits from a Bowman Jumbo case. The Harper is a BCDP plate.

Love the Rendon and would like to trade if you're interested. PM me if so and welcome to FCB

Members online

Latest posts