Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does the 2006 Bowman Chrome Mark Pawelek Base autograph exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Hoping someone might know the answer to this question. I see the refractors and up surface on ebay from time to time but not the base auto. Was it made? Anyone have one? I'm a buyer for one!!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yup, there's been at least one sold on COMC:

16c7c373-d1a3-4cf5-8844-6c53cd191e1c.jpg

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I thought I remember hearing something about this card being very limited? I could be way off but I think it was talked about on this board before

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks guys. I have not seen this one or the Henry Sanchez, but I'm pretty sure the Sanchez wasn't made. If anyone has confirmation on that one too, I'd apprecaite it! Thanks again for the info.
Bill

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
The Pawelek is very limited. I own one. I completed the 06 base set. The one I own is the only I have ever seen in person, but I know that James (jjj7880) had 4 or 5 at one time. It was originally a redemption. Henry Sanchez was never produced as it was also a redemption.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Any idea on what the Pawelek sells for? I have to imagine they are pretty cheap as the refractors sell for about $2.00, but I imagine there are more base set builders and there is always the chance that the base card was produced in shorter quantity than the refractor. So who knows!

50thRoundPick

Nov 22, 2011
Set builder here. I have the Pawelek, as noted by others it is very rare. It's also cheap, since he was a "bust" and not many seem to realize how rare the card is - I believe I got mine for less than $5 on eBay. The Sanchez I have never seen before and I don't think it exists.

Members online

Latest posts