Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Schmidt Tag Patch Auto 1/1!! Worth??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phildo777

Feb 10, 2009
OK, I was looking on ebay and found this Mike Schmidt Tag Patch Auto 1/1!!! The guys BIN is way to high and I have made two offers so far, both being declined. I like the card so I was wondering if I should offer more!!! Please take a look and let me know how much you think it is worth!!!

Item 170305566956

It is nice!! Also, I am almost 100 % sure it is real, but let me know if you think otherwise for some reason!!

Phil

Phildo777

Feb 10, 2009
I know there is really no way to compare the card to other mike schmidts. However, other mike schmidt 1/1's have hit around $250 or so. I wish I had a little more cash and maybe I would go a little higher on it. Anyone else have an opinion??

Phil

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I would contact Howard Wolf about this card. He is one of. if not the best expert their is on Phillies game used jerseys and tagging. He is a member on the gameuseduniverse.com site. Very helpful on Phillies stuff, just search his name and his email should pop up.

Phildo777

Feb 10, 2009
I am right outside of Philadelphia myself, so it would probably be worth a little more in this region..... but thats still probably to high. I sent him two offers and all he countred with was $675.... which is still way to high.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I did search Schmidt 1987 jerseys on GUU. Guess what, scoreboard got some of those made up. They had identical tagging to regular game used jerseys. Scoreboard would order jerseys of certain player. The jerseys were exactly tagged like gamers and would get them signed and sell them on TV. Other player's I know they did this with his Strawberry, Jefferies, Gooden and few other big names at that time. Now many of these signed jerseys get passed off as gamers on major auction sites and smart game used jersey buyer's don't touch them. But card company buyer's get them real cheap and cut them up. Good for full game used collector's, butchering a bad gamer is good for that hobbby. But bad for card collector's who are getting who knows what slapped on a card saying it's game used.

Phildo777

Feb 10, 2009
Yea that type of stuff always gets me a little worried. Nothing we can really do about it though.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Phildo777 said:
I am right outside of Philadelphia myself, so it would probably be worth a little more in this region..... but thats still probably to high. I sent him two offers and all he countred with was $675.... which is still way to high.

Its an awesome card, but I wouldn't pay more than 500. Even that seems like too much money for it when I say that out loud. I'd be very comfertable saying 350 is fair for both parties.

Phildo777

Feb 10, 2009
Yea I agree completely. I dont think I would go above $400 though. $500 is still too much, i believe.

Members online

Latest posts