Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on an FCB/COMC seller list or thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I know many people on the boards here buy or sell cards over on COMC. Has there been any discussion on creating a thread that has our FCB name with our COMC name next to it, kind of like the thread with player collectors? I would do it but I don't have the time to keep a list like that updated.

If that's too much work, has there been any thought of adding it to our profile like our eBay ID?

My thought is that a thread like this would create more deals for people since we could actually message each other if we find a card we like. I've seen people ask from time to time if a seller is on here so maybe this would help.

Personally, Im always willing to negotiate a price with an FCB member. I'm not one to always offer sales on COMC just due to time issues but I am usually open to offers so maybe this would help fellow members out.

Anyway, just a thought. Anyone else think this is worth pursuing?

By the way, my COMC ID is revredd if this helps kick off a list.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Anyone willing to start it? I would, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get it updated often enough.

Maybe we could have a COMC sales thread too. Basically a place where you could list promotions/port sales exclusively on FCB. It could be a sticky on top of the transactions page.

Glad to see a couple people like my original idea though. :)

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I think it would be a great idea, too, to have a COMC seller ID link on our profile right below our eBay ID. I've been using COMC more and more lately and I think (read hope) that it would make it easier to connect with COMC sellers to possibly put some good deals together. Also it could help create some more personal/regular buyer/seller relationships.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I love the idea but the benefit of Ebay is that we get a percentage back when you click through FCB to buy. And if Chris has talked to COMC before, they probably couldnt agree on a deal. May be something worth trying again.

On that note there is nothing stopping you from advertising your seller ID in your signature.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Yes, but I guess we could simply start a thread where COMC seller could share their user name. Since COMC does not allow emails maybe people could talk through prices there before dumping money into their COMC account.

I see it as a thread like the Player collector thread.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Yes, but I guess we could simply start a thread where COMC seller could share their user name. Since COMC does not allow emails maybe people could talk through prices there before dumping money into their COMC account.

I see it as a thread like the Player collector thread.

That's was my first thought when I started this thread. Glad to see others like this.

In the end, I think it would help our collecting community more by connecting people with others who can help them with their card needs.

Also, I figure that word would spread that we have a COMC list and could possibly generate some more traffic to the site. I know I would always check the list first to see if a seller was a member before making an offer. Sellers may not be currently running a promotion, but if a board member needs a few things, maybe the buyer and seller could negotiate a fair percentage off.

Can't wait to see this get started!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts