Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

R319-Helmar BIG LEAGUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sea Raider

Jul 4, 2011
Bidder Information
Bidder:
s.gif
e***n
s.gif
( 1809
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif
s.gif
100%
s.gif
Positive
Item description:
s.gif
R319-Helmar BIG LEAGUE #215 Joe Williams Chicago American Giants
Bids on this item:
s.gif
s.gif
30-Day Summary
Total bids:
s.gif
Items bid on:
s.gif
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
s.gif
90%
s.gif
btnHelp.gif
Bid retractions:
s.gif
Bid retractions (6 months):
s.gif
s.gif

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Not homemade per se, a limited release through Helmar Brewing. I have complete sets of series 1 and 2, but this handmade stuff is way too limited to go after. I'd still like to pick up a Clemente one day.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Also, that bidding activity may speak to the popularity of the set more than shill bidding. Sellers who can get these cards get repeat customers.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I didnt realize they were hand painted. So since these are "art" they dont have to worry about copyright or trademark infringement. They are very nice looking. I thought someone was just cranking them out off their printer, lol.

Sea Raider

Jul 4, 2011
I didnt realize they were hand painted. So since these are "art" they dont have to worry about copyright or trademark infringement. They are very nice looking. I thought someone was just cranking them out off their printer, lol.

I'm pretty sure some guy in India paints them in a larger size, then they are scanned, then text and logos are photoshopped in, and then he prints them on a printing press. I just know that this guy has been accused of shilling his auctions multiple times in the past, so I clicked on the first bidder ID I saw and you can draw your own conclusions from the bidder information I posted, it's just the facts. I for one don't see the appeal in these cards at all. I don't like the artwork, would much prefer a vintage card for these players, and I especially don't appreciate how he lists all this junk in the pre-war section on ebay.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yay modern day Broder cards! The seller is like today's equivalent of that one guy at every show in the late 80's with a table full of Broders, hoping he doesn't get kicked out.

Members online

Latest posts