Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any tips on buying GU AUTO Jerseys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt5717b

Jun 6, 2012
Alpharetta, GA
The cool thing about this jersey is that I actually got to meet Michael Tucker in 1997 at Turner Field and get my picture taken with him before a game. There's a (slim) chance that it's the same Jersey as the one in my photo. I'll have to dig up the picture and find out.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
You might want to get opinions at Sports Memorabilia, Game Used Bats, Game Used Jerseys, Sports Autographs, Sports Cards and more - Game Used Universe

Every team has different tagging for the game used jerseys and I have no idea how the Braves tag theirs but someone at Game Used Universe will know. This appears to be a "game issued" jersey that might have been created for the team but might have never seen use in a game. The fact that it shows light use and doesnt have tagging specific to the player would make me think it is a game issued jersey. Check out Game Used Universe as i think it will help

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I have one that I bought that has MLB authentication, and one football practice jersey that I bought that has the correct year tag inside, player number and matches photos.

With game used bats, I just buy them if they have the correct player nameplate and some knob markings. I consider all of them to probably be BP bats, but the guys I collect are so cheap, it isn't too terrible of a risk.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
From a quick glance it checks out fine to me. BPH is also one of the best there is in the GU hobby.

The "strip tags" with the player number, size and set or inventory number you guys are talking about were not used back then for the Braves. Also, not all teams use these strip tags, It depends on the equipment manager for each team and what they prefer for inventory purposes. It also changes from year to year and team to team. A team may use the strips tags one year, then switch to no tag then they may go back to strip tags or just a year tag. If the Braves used the strip tags that year then I'd agree but I don't believe they used them that year. The Braves are not my area of expertise so I'll admit if I'm wrong but the jersey seems legit, I'd have no issues buying it if I were looking for this particular one.

Members online

Latest posts